blossom's diary! this ones for keeps!

blossom102

Silver Member
Hey everyone!
Starting juddd tomorrow!
Coming over from slim and save,great diet but after a planned day off that turned into a week off I just can't get back on the wagon!
started at 12st4,and got down to 11st after 5 weeks.
I got on the scales the other day and had put 10lbs on #sobs#,I think this diet will stop me feeling deprived! Felt like there was no light at the end of the tunnel! Especially since I put the weight back on so fast!
Will officially weigh tomorrow when I start.
Any advice will be appreciated.and I'm curious to know what you eat on your up days?do you track your up days? Ill be using s&s packs for my dd's.
The juddd calculator puts me at 385 cals on a dd and 1924 on an UD.
Do you guys eat what you want for your up day calories or still try and stick to healthy foods? Can someone also explain the double up and down days please?
Xxx

Hello and welcome. I have never done a vlcd but i love Judd, i didn't have much to lose but I am on my 9th week and although my weight loss has not been huge I have eaten whatever I want half the time. Have had meals out, trips to cadbury's world lots of chocolate, cheese , butter coleslaw, puddings etc.

I eat up to 500 calories on my down days, tried complete fasts but it messed up my weight losses, And i have only counted calories on one UP day again counting is not something that will work for me as i despise counting calories (500 calories is easy to count as it is so little)

I eat whatever i fancy on up days, at first this meant i was eating lots of rubbish but now I aim for three meals including things liek fruit and veg and then whatever sweets/chocolates/desserts I like.

Double up days is when you have two up days together like fri sat or sat sun and a lot of people do this .
I have done both strict alternates and weekends off, in general i lose better on strict alternates

Double down days are never mentioned in the book but people do do them I would say proceed with caution as many people I have seen fall off the wagon try double down days and then end up feeling deptived and can not get back into it. But other people use them occasionally or even more regularly.

Good luck

Teresa

Hiya, I did slim and save for about 5 weeks too then came over to JUDDD (with a bit of calorie counting before, during and after :D!)
How are you getting on? X

Doing okay,Thankyou for the replies girls! I think I'm probably overeating on up days but I've had so many meals out and junk food around.but if I can stay the same over xmas ill be happy! Xx

Hi there. Hope you are getting on Ok. I came over to JUDDD from Cambridge and I have loved. I only have a bit (around 7lb) to lose and was just hoping to maintain with JUDDD during December and into the new year but I was down 4lb after 3 weeks.

I do double down days as they suit me (Xmas will be a different story) but will look to just do Mon/Wed/Fri downs once at target weight. x

Happy new year everyone!
Hope everyone is doing ok?
Back on the wagon today,I don't even want to look at another piece of chocolate!
I've gained most of the slim and save weightloss back on over Christmas (apart ftom 4lbs)but I don't feel guilty about it. If I hadn't of dieted before Christmas id most probably weigh a lot more by now! (got to look on the bright side eh?)
Looking forward to following juddd properly.as I've been lurking over xmas and only managed the occasional DD .
Doing a 100% DD today. Started off with a slim and save shake but only managed to drink half of it. So around 70 calories.
Onwards and inwards and all that! :D xx

Happy new year everyone!
Hope everyone is doing ok?
Back on the wagon today,I don't even want to look at another piece of chocolate!
I've gained most of the slim and save weightloss back on over Christmas (apart ftom 4lbs)but I don't feel guilty about it. If I hadn't of dieted before Christmas id most probably weigh a lot more by now! (got to look on the bright side eh?)
Looking forward to following juddd properly.as I've been lurking over xmas and only managed the occasional DD .
Doing a 100% DD today. Started off with a slim and save shake but only managed to drink half of it. So around 70 calories.
Onwards and inwards and all that! :D xx

I'm the same - regained 12 of my 19 slim and save pre Xmas loss, but like you said, at least we haven't ended up even heavier after Xmas! Good luck with your Juddd journey!

Exactly juju,I think id of been a lot bigger now if I hadn't of lost weigh first! Goodluck to you too!

So today has been pretty successful.
Had 460 calories.it's supposed to be around 390 but noticed a lot of you just use the 500 mark?
Had half my shake earlier.coffee's no sugar.bowl of veg and a cuppa soup.
Can't wait to have a proper meal tomorrow!xx

Was so hungry last night,nearly folded when making my brothers work lunch.but instead I had some diet coke and went to bed.
Have had beans on toast so far at 600 calories.
Not sure what to have for lunch.but this so doesn't feel like a diet after 5 weeks of slim and save! Weighed yesterday and I'm 12stone.will change my ticker n stats later *sobs*
Feel like I could do really well on this diet.just hope the losses are good!xx

Well I've been a bit half a**ed with it all!
But my heads in the right place today so starting again! God I hate Christmas! Was doing so well before Christmas started looming!
I've got until April to lose what I can before my friends wedding.
For breakfast I've had porridge with a teaspoon of sugar and a white coffee so 183 calories so far! Saving the 317 now for something at tea time.
Hope everyone else is doing well x

Hi Blossom, how did your down day go?

Looking at your stats we both want to lose a similar amount by a similar time, we can do it ;) x

LifesDesire said:
Hi Blossom, how did your down day go?

Looking at your stats we both want to lose a similar amount by a similar time, we can do it ;) x

Horrible! I just can't stick to anything lately and just want to eat everything in sight.I'm going to give a downday one more try tomorrow and instead of spreading the calories out I'm going to have 1 main meal. I know it's nothing to do with the diet it's just me! Everytime I eat I feel guilty! How are you getting on?xx

awww, i hope it goes better for you!

I'm doing ok, quite unwell those and TOTM started without any need, so in quite a bit of pain today :( and it's a DD, so no chocolate to help x

Back