blown day one

slimmer2moro

GGRRRHHH what is wrong with me...i have been waiting for this day since i last fell off the wagon back in November. Since then i've gained 2 stone eating what i wanted leading up to and over christmas ( i also had a holiday) in the knowledge i would be following a total frp Jan 4th!
I had all 3 shakes but i was so miserable and snappy all day then after the 3 rd shake i just blew it big time!!:cry::cry::cry:
I feel so fed up and depressed i need to lose 6 stone and i know if i don't do it now i'll be so miserable come summer! :(
I have tried all sorts of diets and can't bear to lose 2/3 lbs a week if i'm lucky.
Sorry guy's this is such a negative post, i will try again tomorrow :eek: xx

Sorry to hear you have fallen off the wagon...

But you did it before and you can do it again!

Have faith in yourself...

Why dont you try and have your shakes a little bit later?

I was just thinking the same think chelly, what time do you have your shakes slimmer? Try making 1st one at late as you can, don't beat yourself up about it, you made a mistake, you can start again tomorrow. I really feel for you, it's a hard thing to do but you know you can do it. Don't give up, get a good nights sleep and see hoe you feel in the morn. If you need a few more days then take them, it will only work when YOU are ready.
I'm sure you'll be fine, you are strong, you must be, to lose what you did last time!!
Good luck!

So so sorry to hear you found it hard...now, take a step back!!!! It is done but you need to ask yourself a few questions now.

1. Do you really want this?
2. Is eating food going to solve how you feel?
3. Are you totally committed, I mean 100%, cause you need that?
4. How did eating make you feel?
5. Now, can you do this!!!!!!!!?

I reckon you can do this, but you have got into such a habit of saying you will start on such and such a day, and then it not happening.....but having had a good binge beforehand!

This is the best time, just the fact that it is January, and a new year and well, you know you want to lose the weight and you can do it in the time frame! Dont delay sweetie,,,for you! Not for me, or anyone else.

Once you get passed this first week, you know the momentum keeps you going.

I could have eaten so many times today, but I see that skinny body.....it keeps me going.

We are all routing for you.

Dont be down; what is done is done...but, remember the feelings...bottle them up and then when you feel like eating again, think back to what you felt like and the fact it made you feel worse!!!

We are here for you, but at the end of the day you really need to be honest with yourself and ask whether you want this...it is a longish and tough path, but very achievable!!

Take care, get a good nights sleep..and yes, I think looking at when you are having your shakes..if you have to have 3 very close together, say in the evening when you feel it the worse, do that!!

Sorry for the waffle!

thanks girls, i had my last shake at 5.30pm when my children had their meal. I was starving cooking their tea :-(

I split my second shake of the day into 2 it helps me get through the first few days xxx Don't beat yourself up about it,just take each day as it comes xxx

I split my second shake of the day into 2 it helps me get through the first few days xxx Don't beat yourself up about it,just take each day as it comes xxx

Oooh i like the sound of that!:D So simple but i NEVER thought of doing it before.

thankyou so much scotsmist, your replies are always so supportive and encouraging. I think i've read you talking about self destruct and ED and i can relate to that totally. I think i've tried so many times to lose weight only to end up carrying more that i don't quite believe that i can do this :-(

Definatley have your first shake later!!

Im having my first one at 12.30 on my lunch break

and then planning on having my second at about 5.30 and then another at about 9!

Awwww Slimmer, don't beat yourself up. You know this diet works and the first week is always the hardest. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again tomorrow. I always think that if you can survive the first week and get that first weigh in under your belt then your battle is half won. There's no better motivation than seeing all those pounds gone on that first weigh in. Come on, you can do this :)

Also cooking kids food is a killer, it's all so pickable and tasty. Someone mentioned in another thread about quickly squirting washing up liquid on leftovers to stop them picking. Not only did it stop them picking but made them feel really good too. Might be worth a try :giggle:

thankyou so much scotsmist, your replies are always so supportive and encouraging. I think i've read you talking about self destruct and ED and i can relate to that totally. I think i've tried so many times to lose weight only to end up carrying more that i don't quite believe that i can do this :-(

Oh, oh, oh,,,,how I relate!!! When I got to 10.8 last time, I remember the feeling of "oh my word, i am gonna get there for the first time in my life"!!! For once, I believed I could get there..but never have I felt that with any other diet as, like you, it takes too long!!

Change your mindset....YOU CAN DO THIS...Take it one day..I am right behind you, cause the self destruct is, what it is, self destructive!!!

Tomorrow is a new day and take all the tips about the shakes, etc...they are great and help to make life a bit easier.

Try and get some fizzy water,,I drank that the first day, as it just kinda helped too....drink it in a lovely wine glass too....do this in the evening even, and at least you have something in your hand to drink!

Take care

Awh I feel so bad for you. I know you have spent weeks trying to work up to starting again. Maybe it just has been a bit overwhelming. Also, the fact that you have been eating and drinking loads means your system is in carb overdrive, hence the cravings.
I agree with previous suggestions. Take your shakes a bit later and drink loads and loads and loads of water.
I restarted today after Xmas break and I was starving this evening and there are still Christmas goodies all round the house, so I found it very hard. I drank a pint of water and then got dinner for OH. The water really helps.
Tomorrow is a new day. When you feel the munchies coming on, just take five seconds and ask yourself do you really really want to eat and then reach for the water bottle. Statistically, 80% of the time we feel hungry, it is actually water our bodies are looking for.

Awh I feel so bad for you. I know you have spent weeks trying to work up to starting again. Maybe it just has been a bit overwhelming. Also, the fact that you have been eating and drinking loads means your system is in carb overdrive, hence the cravings.
yeah i totally agree, yesterday i felt so nervous about starting today!

hey sweetie, im on day three and i have my soup at about half 8 because i know otherwise ill cave in.. this is my first time and im ok now and this is day three.

YOU CAN DO THIS
WE KNOW AND YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT, SO YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!

six stone in little bits is fine and there's no better diet to be on than this one that shows results so quickly.

you havent blown it, its only one day in your whole life that youve been set back...thats nothing!!

tomorrow is a new day, and you can do it!!!
were all behind you, and were all in the same boat for the same journey...
dont beat yourself up..
glad you came here,, this is what were all here for...
best of luck and hugs:)

Hi
Tomorrow could be the day for you. I started today (again) definatey good to have your shakes late. Just remember how you feel and why you want to lose the weight. This diet is amazing as we all know when you get into it, the big losses spur you on. You are not alone a lot of people struggle, I just hope you start afresh tomorrow. xx

best of luck today , try again, i started yest too (2nd time around) and i was dreading shakes and all the water, i was cooking in work at deli counter and i was soooooo near eating, i was goin to eat and start again today, but then i said to myself "it wont be any easier tommor" so i got tru it , had 3 shakes 1st at 11 , 2nd at 3 and 3rd at 7, went to bed at 10, you can do this honestly and will feel so much better when day 1 over you then day 3, u will be so proud of yourself,

best of luck , u can do it !!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;)

Hey Slimmer, hang in there babe - you can do this - I know its very hard the first few days but we are all here to help you. Just remember how you feel now, how awkward it feels, how being so unhappy at your current weight and that you dont want to be that weight anymore. Think how uncomfortable you will be in the summer when you are hot and sweaty - none of us want that anymore. There are so many reasons to not be the size that we are and you know how successful LT is.

Hang in there and take it one shake at a time - take them a little bit later or split them up into 6 small "meals" - at first at least anyways and drink plenty of water, black coffee and tea and of course come on here to get further inspiration and tips.

You can do this :D

Back