Blueberrys

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by charlottegrace1, 7 August 2009 Social URL.

1. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    They are selling blueberry bushes in aldi for £1.99. Dead easy to grow and good croppers. given the price they are to buy in the supermarkets £3.99 for 250g, its well worth growning a bush. they grow quite happily in a container too. Also selling Kiwi, tayberry, cranberry, fig and raspberry bushes all £1.99.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CEB

CEB Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's a bargain! My mum brought a blueberry bush the other week, and apparently you have to buy them in pairs (or my mum was rooked!) and she paid ALOT more than £1.99

4. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks for letting us know this, I love blueberries but very rarely buy them as they can be so expensive. I'll definatley be having a look. Thanks!

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Wow! That's really cheap! They are usually about £19.99 each!

Ericaceous soil and rain water rather than tap water if possible.

Thanks for letting us know.

6. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(29.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'll never get around to buying the plants (although it is a great bargain, for people who don't KILL PLANTS by looking at them).

However, I did look up "ericaceous" on Google...So I benefitted from the post anyway! You can never know too many words.

7. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    You cann't beat a bit of "ericaceous" it does them the world of good and deffinately only rain water. My raddish did better this year in it too, grew like the clappers and didn't go woody either.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.