BMI & Changing Plans

Just something I was wondering about.

Basically, your BMI is supposed to over 25 to do total and working solutions. Fair enough. But does anyone give up these solutions once they they get under 25 and swap to simple solution? My impression was that people kept doing their original plan until they hit their target and disregarded this recommendation from exante. Would I be completely off base saying that?

I'm not at that BMI yet mysef. For those who aren't there yet either, what do you think you would do? I'd probably keep on doing what I'm doing honestly.

Re: BMI & Changing Plans

Hadn't even thought about that.. Stuck on plan but didn't check my bmi after I started so I'm probably nearly in that area..

Interesting question. My Target BMI was over 25 anyways. I don't like BMI as a measure in general as ppl have heavier or lighter bones. I guess most ppl stick to the plans they have been following even under a BMI of 25. I however understand the need to up ur calories as it is prob no longer necessary to be super strict with a normal BMI

Hmm, I've changed my mind and am in the pro-simple solution plan after normal BMI. For myself, of course. Determinationiskey raised an interesting point saying that BMI is flawed, which is very true, but in the absence of a perfect measure, it's something I rely on. I need to remind myself that it's a guide.

Anyway, I figure simple solution is good, because the slower weight loss (and it must happen at 1200 calories, which is the recommended lowest intake apparently) gives a chance to work on toning up for aesthetics. Not to mention a greater opportunity to form better eating habits before stabilizer and normal food.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Back