BMI Vs Dress Size

MrsGinger

Silver Member
Just wondering if there is a link between BMI and dress size... would you all post yours so we can see! We can also estimate what size we might be dependant on how much weight we lose.

Currently BMI 34.5 Dress Size 18 Height 5ft7

I've previously been about a size 12-14 when my BMI was 26-27 and that felt just about right to me.

:D

Great question... interesting to see the responses...

Currently: BMI: 38.1, Dress size: 20-22, Height: 5ft2

Start of this journey: BMI: 48.1, Dress size: 24-26

Don't know what I used to be in BMI at my smallest, as I never really weighed. But smallest size I've ever worn is 16 - and would love to get back to that one day :rolleyes:

5ft 3. BMI 24.5 size 10-12 depending on the shop.
Exercise must make a difference as I have previously been lighter but more of a 12. I have been doing a lot of exercise this time and feel much more toned particularly in the tummy area!

BMI of I believe 30.8, 5ft3 and a size 14 - 16 in some trousers as have gigantic thighs!, I was a size 10/12 with a BMI of 21.8, but wasn't very toned at the time. Doing way more exercise this time, so hoping to get down 20.23 and be a solid size 10. Fingers crossed

Thanks for the replies its interesting to see :)

Good point Jennifer also regarding how toned you are. I am thinking that I will hopefully be a 14-16 by the time my BMI is 29-31ish.

I might google I'm sure someone must have done a study on this at some point!

My bmi is 30.8 and I'm a 12-14 started with a +40 bmi and dress size 22. I'm. 5 ft tall. But I'm doing quite a bit of exercise now so more toned. Never been this fit or slum in my entire life I always joked I was born a size 16!!!

5ft 4 and bmi of 22, five 45 min exercise sessions a week and I am dress size 8 or 10

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Current BMI - 32.4 and dress size 16

Lowest BMI - 25.8 and dress size 14

Although i guess it depends on your shape too, I'm very bottom heavy. It goes straight for my hips, thighs and bum. So I wear a smaller dress size on top ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

At my heaviest My BMI was 34 and I was a 26 bottom / 24 top
Lowest weight BMI was 24.8 and I was a 16 bottom / 14 top
Currently BMI is 32 and I'm 20 bottom / 18 top

I always seem to be a much bigger size than other comparable to my weight and height, I'm a typical hourglass (my hips and bust are 10" wider than my waist no matter what size I am) and so I don't think I'll ever be a size 8 but I'm happy being curvy. Just wish I was a bit smaller curvy lol!

I am 5ft8 with a BMI of 28 and tend to be a 14 on top and 16 on the bottom. My lowest was a BMI of 21 and that made me a size 10 all over :(

BMI 31.8 5'6 and size 18/20

Very interesting, I'm 5"6 and unofficially started at 18st3, size 22-24, (BMi 40+) lost 1/2 st running for 6 months. Then started SW at 17st9 bmi 39.9 size comfortable 22.

Currently I'm 16st, bmi 36, size 20 but edging into 18s. I think the exercise makes a difference too.

I'm 5ft7 BMI 36.96 and currently a size 16-18

someone at my old slimming world group made a great point bmi was made at the end of the second world war we have have different lifestyles now we eat different things so how can we be the same.

Back