Body Fat

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by pancras, 12 May 2009 Social URL.

1. pancras

pancras Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    12st4lb(44.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm wondering if anyone can help. The fat on my body is changing, I use to be quite solid, no wibbly wobbly bits for me. However since being on LL my body fat has started to turn wobbly and begining to feel like jelly, is this a normal occurence on LL or is there some other reason.

I am hoping that the scientific boffins that post will be able to point me to a reason why.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SexyBecks1

SexyBecks1 is loving CWP xx

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - step 3
    I know I am the same. I don't know why. I never really had flabby arms, they were just big but now they swing in the wind.

Someone please answer our crys!!!

4. X~Libby~X

X~Libby~X Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.81%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I am the same. My theory on the matter is that before we started losing weight, the fat was denser, more packed in under our skin. Now we are losing weight quite quickly, the fat is being burned and so the remaining fat has more room and therefore feels wibbly wobbly. I haven't researched it at all but that just seems logical to me!

xxx

5. SexyBecks1

SexyBecks1 is loving CWP xx

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - step 3
    Good thinking Batgirl!!

6. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Think you're right but I'd probably put it slightly the other way round.
    I was that fat my skin was about to burst, but as you lose weight/fat, the skin initially stays the same and the fat as you say has more room to wobble about. Same type of fat just not encased as tightly.

7. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Lots of people say this

When I think back, my arms and legs were like sausages. Packed tight with fat, no room to wibble and wobble. now the fat's nearly all gone, there's lots more space on that casing for wibbling and wobbling.
    I've said it before - on a windy day like today - all I'd have to do is put my arms up and I'd probably fly away like Mary Poppins. I nearly got blown over in London yesterday.
    A year ago I was taught, plumptious and morbidly obese and had a permanent chest infection.
    I know which I would rather choose -
    wibbly wobbly any day! (and wrinkly bits in my case)!

8. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I used to think I had really toned thighs but turns out they were just so tightly packed with fat the skin was straining like a drum skin!

I went incredibly wobbly just before I got to goal. I do think you lose a lot of muscle mass too so this could be another explanation.

Since I've been eating I've been exercising too. Running has really helped my legs to firm up and I don weight lifting and pilates which has firmed things up everywhere else.

Try not to worry about it. Once you get to goal you can start to work on the fine tuning!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.