Body Magic - what do you do?

vicibrown

I think this is what's going to really help me - but I find exercise SO boring I do well for two week then I lose interest. The only thing that's ever kept my interest is hula hopping but I find it's still a bit too cold out to do that (and I don't have space inside!)

What body magic things do other people do?

This week I've done 3 1hour walks :)

I like to walk the dogs, but when the weather is bad I get the Wii out and do some fun games on there. Makes me smile whilst exercising x x

Also I run up and down the stairs taking the kids washing to their rooms. Instead of doing it in one hit I separate them out in to each child and do the piles individually x x

Me and my bf have a schedule of free weights/ sit ups on a Monday, 45min walk every Wed evening, he plays football on a Thursday while I do tabata exercises and over the weekend we either swim/walk/cycle for at least an hour. Gets us a bit active and nice to get out the house! X

Zumba, aerobics and the gym at work... alternate to keep it interesting. Love taking my book to the gym and doing 30 mins on the bike while I'm reading - a bit of me time without distractions and a few hundred calories burnt off :D

Zumba, aerobics and the gym at work... alternate to keep it interesting. Love taking my book to the gym and doing 30 mins on the bike while I'm reading - a bit of me time without distractions and a few hundred calories burnt off :D

I like the idea of reading a book while on the bike at the gym!

I do exercise bike, x-trainer, running, walking, weight training, circuits, Insanity workouts, Les Mills Combat workouts. I am willing to try anything exercise wise, i love it. Just keep mixing things up thats the secret.

Wow! You're good!

I tend to mostly walk/jog and go on the treadmill and do the wii fit/cardio working (boxing game) on the wii....did go swimming but don't really go anymore.

I used to do a lot but then I used to live next to my gym! Zumba is brilliant for not feeling like exercise. It's just fun. You're only moving in burst of 3-5 minutes and the moves change all the time, so you don't have a chance to think 'this is boring'...not like watching a timer tick down on a treadmill or an exercise bike.

I also sometimes just trawl youtube for silly exercise videos-- there are some great 'shale your booty' one from the USA.

I bought an exercise bike recently and have started doing 5-6 miles a night in front of the TV, we go for a walk about 5 miles on a Saturday and go lane swimming once a week too

Back