Boo is stepping up to the mark - My diary

boo68

One day at a time
Where to start (again), I have been faffing around for ages trying to lose weight and not succeeding and not really looked at the big picture.

Lets start from the begining.... Me and Mr Boo joined Slimming World last May and lost quite a lot of weight then for a few reasons we stopped and thats where the weight started to creep back up, yes it did for me although I'm not too bad, but Mr Boo I just didn't see how much and now its really affecting his health in so many ways. He's already got a lot of medical issues and on top of this is now waiting for a knee replacement. Last weekend he fell down the stairs and ended up in hospital where he had to stay over the weekend. This is when I noticed that its affecting his health... They've put him on a pump to help his whizziness (weight related), pain relief for his knee and all his other meds for epilepsy (uncontrolled) and other things.. it would really help him to lose the weight he has put on.

Soooo we have decided to rejoin Slimming World (me, I'm doing for him and hopefully in turn for myself). We are on day 2 and everything is ok. I have promised myself that I will help Mr Boo in anyway possible to lose as much weight as he can to help his health and to do that I have to be good too.

Watch this space on how we get on.... Boo xxx

Nearly the end of day 2 and all is going well Mr Boo is ok and not hungry which makes it easier. Together we can do this. Boo xxx

Just had a huge bowl of strawberrys with fat free greek yogurt which I shared with Mr Boo, seriously yummy and syn free, nom nom :D:D

Day 3 - Friday 22 June 2012

I work up to a horrible nasty rainy day today hope it does't stay like this for too long.

Day 3 and we are both doing well, Mr Boo has started to come round to the idea of writing all his food down, maybe he is getting his old spark back for the plan, that would be really good and it would definately take his mind of off all his health issues.

Work is busy today and the morning has gone really quick, can't believe its lunch time already. Today for breakfast I had 2 sunny bisk with skimmed milk, for lunch I made myself some vegetable chilli soup, nom nom ( I love this! ) and I've had a bag of snacker Jacks 4 1/2 syns along with some fruit. Dinner today is crab cakes with new potatoes and salad, another one of my favs.

Hope everyone is having a good day Boo xxx

It's the evening and we've just had dinner fish cous cous cakes and salad really nice and feeling full I've been to icelands and got all the meat and fish for next week and off to asdas tomorrow for the fresh stuff. So round up for today everything is fine. Boo xxxx

Day 4 - Saturday 23 June 2012

Saturday afternoon and I've finished the shopping had some lunch now just chillin on the sofa with a good programme on the t.v. both me and Mr Boo are doing ok tho I must admit why am I more hungry at the weekend or is it just cos theres less to do then a work day, I don't know but I don't like this feeling of wanting to nibble all day long :eek:

Tonight we are having lemon chilli chicken and I'm really looking forward to it I think we'll be having this with some boiled rice, its Mr Boo's fav recipe and its syn free :)

Right I'm off to catch up with whats going on in Minimins, catch up later Boo xxx

Clouise29 said:
Hope it works out for you and your OH. Mine loves all the home cooked foods and new recipes so he's losing weight without even trying x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya thanks Clouise29 the food is amazing what u can eat and a big plate too lol we are both ok how are you doing? Boo xxxx

Good thanks, really enjoying all the cooking, first time I have done slimming world and really enjoying it, love this site as well and reading all the blogs gives you loads of meal ideas! Thinking of giving the diner kebab recipe a go in the week x

Good thanks, really enjoying all the cooking, first time I have done slimming world and really enjoying it, love this site as well and reading all the blogs gives you loads of meal ideas! Thinking of giving the diner kebab recipe a go in the week x

Glad your enjoying it, its not the first time for me and Mr Boo but still love the cooking, what is that kebab recipe? Sounds nice :) We had lemon chilli chicken last night it was delish and had enough for today too :):) I agree with you this site is amazing both for support and ideas Boo xx

Day 5 - Sunday 24 June 2012

Its Sunday and a not a busy day for either myself or Mr Boo, really wanted a lay in today but woke up early as I do every work morning and was wide awake so decided to get up and do some housework and some washing. I was naughty last night and had some wine but not letting that get me down for today, Mr Boo on the other hand was very good (he can't really drink anyhoo)

Today I'm having a green day and he is having an extra easy. I must admit I do love my green days and did this before, but I'm currently on iron tablets as I have anemia and Mr Boo said I should eat more meat :rolleyes: so I am doing so although I do love being a veggie and am sliding back into it (but don't tell Mr Boo ;)) My anemia is due to women's problems but not eating meat and not having enough iron in my diet didn't help either.

Blimey I seem to be rambling today :cool: anyhoo at the min we are ok on plan, Mr Boo is even updating everything he eats online so he must be getting right into it again :) I'm really pleased with him because I was so worried he wouldn't and he does really need to lose weight for his health.

Right I'm off to have a look around will be back soon Boo xxx

emma_partington27 said:
Boo!!!!!!!!! U started a new thread i thought u had left us!

Hiya Emma lol yes I'm back how's u hunxxxx

Ok hun xx it was my bday yesterday so had sum cake lol but im doing really well thanks :)

Hiya Emma, happy birthday for yesterday :bday: hope you had a good one and your allowed cake on your b'day its law lol :D

I've just looked at your stats and yes your doing really well I'm jealous lol, hope your having a good day Boo xxx

boo68 said:
Hiya Emma, happy birthday for yesterday :bday: hope you had a good one and your allowed cake on your b'day its law lol :D

I've just looked at your stats and yes your doing really well I'm jealous lol, hope your having a good day Boo xxx

Yeah i agree its the law ;)
And ta hun im tryin :) not sure on my target weight think im gunna keep goin n see were i end up!
I put my before and after pics on my diary n i cudnt believe the difference :)

Hiya Emma I think u will know when u feel comfortable then you'll be at target. Sometimes u don't realise how much u have lost until u see the piccys. Hope u have a great day Emma. Boo xxx

Day 7 - Tuesday 26 June 2012

Hiya everyone, well I've just got back from class and I've lost 6lb! whoop whoop! hehe really pleased :D

Mr Boo lost 1.1/2 pounds but thats good seeing the amount of meds he's on and the fact that he can't move around that much at the minute so we both come out feeling good. Our consultant is absolutely brilliant, she is the one that helped us to lose over 2 stone last year.

Today has been a really stressful day work wise and family wise, I'm actually glad that is nearly over! Just did a quick dinner all syn free and it turned out to be really good, chopped chicken cooked with spring onions, ginger, mushrooms and chillis, boil up some plain rice, when cooked mixed together drizzle on some soy sauce and viola yummy dinner! :D

Right I'm off to change my stats, hope everyone is having a lovely evening Boo xx

Back