Booked first review.

Barb

Gold Member
It has taken me nearly a year to get round to doing this. Every excuse under the sun has been used but finally I realised that the only person potentially suffering is me. So, my blood test (hbA1C) is on the 20th of April and I hope the result is not too discouraging.
Then the review is on the 27th, I feel a bit nervous/anxious about ti all really but I guess once I have done it once I'll be ok.

How does everyone else feel about these check ups?

I went yesterday after a year and the diabetic nurse was brilliant she has lots patience and understanding she went through everything again and I felt great once everything was explained to me and she is keeping an eye on me by phoning me every week to see how Im doing so please dont be worried they are there to help you

Thanks Skinny One, gosh, you are doing well on the weight loss. How was your HbA1c? Are you just D&E or on Metformin or similar? I remain anxious and weirdly seem to be self sabotaging on a daily basis!

My Hb thingy was 11.8 very high I am on Insulin 3 times a day plus Lanctus. Slow release insulin at night but the only thing is now I am eating healthy I keep getting hypos my blood sugar was 2.7 this afternoon so Hypo. So I will have to drop my Insulin down so Im going to speak to diabetic nurse when she calls me this week .. Please go for you appointment you will be fine and your health will benefit which is all good Linda x

Back