Bookie's food/drink/exercise

book_lover

Hi all,

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here, looking to lose in total around 2 stone. I started SW almost three weeks ago and am down 3.5 lb. Thought I'd introduce myself a bit - live in Scotland, work in a university (research) and live in the countryside with my husband, 2 kids, 2 cats, 2 dogs and several chickens! I've recently re-joined the gym and have got a bike, so am getting out a lot on that.

Monday September 24th:

Breakfast - smoked mackerel and fried egg (frylite)
Snack - fat free Activia yoghurt - raspberry
Lunch - baked sweet potato with tuna mixed with sweetcorn and total 0% greek yoghurt
Snack - tinned sweetcorn, 2 apples
Dinner - have made a big pot of minestrone type soup, filled with tomatoes, aubergine, courgette, pepper, onion, garlic, chickpeas, cavalo nero, potatoes and pasta. I'll use some parmesan on the top for my HEA.
Bedtime snack (I always like to have something in bed with my book). It's usually a Hi Life bar, but have run out so it'll have to be something else on HEB - probably an alpen bar or mini ryvitas salt and vinegar.

Syns today - 2 (I like to save as much as possible!).

Exercise - took my mountain bike up a nearby hill walk - didn't get to the top but a respectable distance up! Always have to remember my dog (a greyhound type) isn't built for long distance, so he needs lots of breaks!

ETA - I had two small mouthfuls of the kids cake - so I'll estimate 2 syns for that.

Last edited:
WEIGH IN - MAINTAIN (but have lost 3.5 over previous two weeks - now been at this for three weeks)

Tuesday 25th September:

Breakfast - Banana
Snack - Fat free yoghurt (fruit)
Lunch - Leftover minestrone
Snack - Fat free yoghurt (fruit)
Dinner - Griddled pork steak (fat removed), aubergine and courgette in tomato sauce, cajun potato wedges
HEA - not really, just a bit of milk
HEB - Hi Life Delux (peanut)

Syns today - none

Exercise - 27 min workout at gym (interval training on bike)

Wednesday 26th September:

Breakfast - banana, wafer thin ham
Lunch - Aubergine and courgette in tomato sauce, with two eggs baked in it. A bit more ham.
Snack - muller lite toffee x 2
Dinner - cowboy pie (SW recipe) with peas and cheese as my HEA
HEB - hi fi lites x 2 (rocky road)

Exercise today - none - awkward day for it.

Syns - none

Last edited:
Thursday 27th September:

Breakfast - scrambled egg and smoked salmon
Snack - apple and tangerine
Lunch - Baked potato with chilli
Snack - banana, orange, fat free yoghurt
Dinner - Beef and veg stir fry with black bean sauce (2.5 syns), sesame oil (3 syns) and noodles
HEA - milk
HEB - two rocky road hi life light bars

Syns - 5.5

Exercise - none (was on a train to Inverness and back to do a research interview, so was a bit awkward. Got some nice new boots though!)

Friday 28th September:

Breakfast: pieces of fruit and yoghurt, small portion smoked salmon
Snack: more yoghurt and fruit!
Lunch: Leftover noodles and stir fry veg with egg scrambled in
Snack: er - more yoghurt and fruit (oh dear)
Dinner: Chicken breast stuffed with light cream cheese, black pepper, sun dried tomato and herbs - wrapped in bacon. Served with little roasties, green beans, roast tomatoes and red onions in balsamic
Snack: ANOTHER muller lite
Bedtime treat: two high fi lite bars (rocky road)

Exercise: 30 day shred level 2 DVD (ouch)

Syns: add 2 for tasting the kids' curry and their muller corner

Saturday 29th September:

Breakfast: back bacon, beans, "fried" egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
Snack: Muller lite yoghurt
Lunch: Pasta with sauce made from philadelphia and mozzarella, with smoked salmon and courgettes. Fruit
Snack: pub, for half a pint of real ale (5 syns) and a bag of crisps (9 syns)
Dinner: Britmum's slow cooked chinese pork tenderloin, with rice and stir fried veg. Yum.
Snack: muller lites, hi fi deluxe peanut bar. A few smarties from the kids (oops) - 2 syns.

Exercise: none

Syns: 16!

Sunday 30th September:

Breakfast: muller lite, banana
Snack: more muller lite greek yoghurt coconut flavour (1/2 syn)
Lunch: Boots moroccan chicken and cous cous salad (2 syns - i didn't have the yoghurt sauce)
Snack: diet coke and crisps in pub plus some of kids crisps (14 syns)
Dinner: shin beef and beetroot borscht with half a pitta (1/2 HXB)
Snack: 2 muller lites, alpen lite bar (1/2 HXB)

Exercise: gentle cycle with kids along railway line

Syns: 16.5

Back