Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Clarabow, 1 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Clarabow

Clarabow Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Still looking for the one !
    Ok peeps. What are we reading out there ? Anything good ?

Need to break out of my fantasy fiction rut even though I love it. Any recomendations that are not "chic lit"?

Be interesting to know x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Current books

Hi Clara
    Well, I met up with Blonde logic a couple of days ago. We haven't seen each other for a while, both have had a lot going on.
    We got round to discussing what we are reading. I've just finished a book and she's just starting one - turns out it's the same!
    The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.
    It's a generational saga which covers from the First World War time in Britain to the present day, different Continents, a couple of families and with a bit of enchantment woven in. A colleague lent it to me and I read it cover to cover in hospital. Loved it.
    I have also recently bought a Kindle. I think I'm going to love it.
    So far I have downloaded Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. I'm the only person I know who hasn't read it yet. I'm also looking forward to reading The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga.
    I have just started Peacocks Dancing by Sharon Maas. I think I'm going to enjoy it.
  4. LadyT

LadyT Tough But Sexy X

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim Fast
    I only get chance to read on holiday usually and they definately fall into chic books. However I bought the Beck diet book so just started that but also always have either the secret or the power at the side of the bed when I need that positivity boost xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
  5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Have you checked out the book forum there's a lot of recommendations there :)

My all time favourite series is 'outlander' by Diana Gabaldon - amazing books
  6. bluesunflower

bluesunflower Full Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lighter Life
    I'm reading I am Legend by Richard Matheson at the moment & loving it.

Next on the list: A prayer for Owen Meany - it came greatly recommended by some friends.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.