Books v's online?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Cosmic Star, 12 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I am looking at the online store and have come across a pack of books (Track, Eat Out, Shop) and calculator. Can I get by with these alone? I am currently an online subscriber

Would save me £10 a month if I can!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. caroliano

caroliano Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hi comic star, i think u can get by without these and just use the pack ww gives u wen u join. Iv done weight watchers many time over the years and did fine without them :D

4. nati_jade

nati_jade Member

Hey I did weight watchers 2 years ago and am doing it now using the stuff i had back then.I'm getting by without quite well so far. The most valuable tool is the the calculator or the chart to figure out the points on which works just as well! :) If you have a friend who is dieting too and you can weigh-in together once a week, that can help! :)

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  6. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Agreed... a lot of the online stuff is very inaccurate, companies change their recipes frequently so its always worth getting books and calculator for peace of mind that you are doing it right. x

7. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    do the books cover the things that are online though? i like the fact I have the tracker on my ipod too.

8. nati_jade

nati_jade Member

How does the tracker work? surely if its already downloaded it shouldnt be a problem? x

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The books have all the points values for branded foods and Eating out

There are loads of free apps you can get to use as a tracker

10. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am an online member and my friend got them for me at her class. Personally I think the tenner a month I pay is worth it and would not be without the tracker. I couldn't imagine those books taking its place. Others will disagree.

Why don't you not use the tracker for a few days and just the calculator part of the app on your phone and see how much you miss it? You can get free calculator apps for your phone.

11. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've just looked at my billing date and I actually have a fair while until I need to think about cancelling my subscription, just depends how long the books take to come. I dont know anyone who attends a class and I dont want to join a class just to get the goodies!

I will use the time to look for a decent tracker, can anyone recommend one and maybe a temporary calculator? I will try not use the online tracker for a while and see how i get on!

12. twinkle22

twinkle22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I agree I do ww online and I think what I pay is well worth it to have the tracker on my phone and computer. When ever I am shopping or stuck for something to eat I have all the info on my phone quickly before I eat something I shouldn't ;)

13. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That's a very good point! I do that a lot and I'm presuming the calculator only knows what data you in put to it so without a book on me at all times I wouldnt know the points to what I'm eating :confused:

14. twinkle22

twinkle22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Also £10 a month is cheaper than going to the meetings.

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Or get a free tracker and points calc app, have it on your phone AND save a tenner ;)

16. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i have looked but cant find anything!! i have asked in this thread for recommendations!

17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Might be worth starting a new thread - people have definitely mentioned them before. I used to use iwtchr when I did Discover it was the favourite and I believe it can be used for PP but Im not 100% sure :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Yeah you can use Iwatcher for ProPoints. I use Ultimate Point Calculator, it was £1.86 or something. I like it cos it has a weightloss graph, and the user screen is black.... :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.