Bored at work and found this fact about glycogen/water weight on scales

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Dancing, 16 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Well, I'm disappointed to find that on average the amount of weight we hold in glycogen/water is a mere 4lbs. I've tried finding out if it is more if we are overweight/obese but can't find anything that says that ... which isn't surprising as glycogen is stored in the muscles and the liver (and a little in the blood stream).

So, this means that of the humongous amount of weight I put on over the past 4 days (binge eating for 4 days!:eek:), a very small amount of it was glycogen/water. So I put on loads of fat!

Oh dear. But at least I'm back to SS now.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello Dancing

Do you do nightwork then.

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hi there - changed my working hours three weeks ago. I now work in an office Friday, Sat and Sun night (in an Investment Bank - but it pays the bills) so that I can have more time available to dedicate to my sport and remedial massage during the week.

As I moved a few months ago I'm having to build up my client base all over again so it is good to have regular income coming in from the office work. Are you up to do the horses?

5. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you wanna go in the chat room

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i have never been in a chat room :). I guess I can give it a go - let me find it

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

It's a whole new world in there

8. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    thank you for finding that.. :)

x x x

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

The positive note to this is that for those getting their first weigh in - everything over approx 4lbs is FAT .... gone, gone, gone

10. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Oohh, Dancing - sorry to hear you got stuck off the rails, but well done you for getting back on them!! Keep on trucking - any weight you may have put on in the 4-day bender will come off quickly!!

Keep rockin ti hon!! :C

11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks but I've picked myself up again and don't feel like a failure for declaring my binge - I can only do my best and that is what I'm doing :)

12. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Course you are not a failure!!! I think you are wonderful!

XX

13. luckyloser

luckyloser Hate it but doing it!

Hi Dancing,
    i've had a pretty crap week as well, after meeting went straight to the chippy and hit a bit of a downward spiral however was thinking about this last night, i made a choice to eat therefore how can that be a failing, i choose to eat food, i was in control, that's not failing. I realise that i've been doing this for a while, i've not been having the best of times and this is what i needed. Now it's done i can start this week afresh.
    Keep smiling Dancing, nothing is a failing, it's just a choice that we had to make at the time.
    Take care xxx
    :grouphugg:

14. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Lucky - are you Wobblywoman? Just noticed your avatar is the same? :)

Good on you for getting back on track anyway!! :)

15. luckyloser

Ahh, bugger it you've found my secret :ignore:

I posted a couple of threads in the relationship forum when i quickly realised hubster knew my online name and i really didn't want him to see them so had to have a hasty change of name.

Why is it easier to post your innermost thoughts to complete strangers but can't talk to the ones you love? :cry:

Anyhoo, WW and i are one and the same.

Ooh check you out Sherlock!! :)

16. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    ww I think Luckyloses sounds so much more positive - good idea anyway;)

17. luckyloser

Thanks ladylite, perhaps it is a little more appropriate now!
    I've decided through this whole process that i'm an emotional eater, massively so, i don't need a thought i just need a feeling to eat however the most overiding feeling i have which turns me to food is guilt. So, i made a conscious decision that i'm stop going to feel guilty about enjoying food and it was almost like a lightblub moment. No more excuses as that brings on feelings of guilt so accept that i made a decision to eat something, enjoy it and then move on. Tell you what, it's a bizarre feeling not having to kick myself and eating more because i've been "naughty".
    I've not had the bsest of weeks and prob won't have lost a deal of weight, but hey, i'm still going to meetings, i'm still going to do it and i've learnt an important lesson, wahoo, i'm getting there!!!!
    How are you doing hon, it's been a while since i've said hi
    x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Oh, good, I am just glad you are still here - I was missing you. :) Maybe I shuold have PMed you - sorry - but I totally kow what you mean. It IS easier to talk to strangers, and I am going to be unloading a doosy this week as I am really stuck!

heheeh me, Sherlock. Found you AND Lucasflu! :D

20. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Luckyloser a bit like you have my moments, but still on here and going to meetings, but never gonna be perfect but as long as the weight goes down - so what.

I am not only an emotional eater, I seem to attrack stress, something else I am working on. All I know before I started this journey with all that has been going on I am so proud to be still at it, all be it, not perfectly.

Glad you found your lightbulb.;)

21. luckyloser

Thanks girlies, it's nice to be back, i realised that i was being a miserable tart and posting too many miserable things so i came away for a bit, but i'm back with vengance and feeling slightly mischievious!!

22. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You were not a miserable tart at all, anyway when we can share your probs it makes ours seem a lot smaller;)

Behave yourself now:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.