bored of salad

Little_Jade

Feel like im for ever eating boring salad... sooo much im starting to really go off it!!! Anyone add ingrediants or dressings to make it a bit more interesting! Need to keep enjoying it so i can keep in losing!

Why are you eating salads all the time? Variety is important not only for weight loss but good nutrition. How about having some cold roasted vegetables cooked with garlic and rosemary. Use vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower.These too cam]n be eaten cold if that is what you are aiming to do. Using butternut squash in stead of potatoes is a great way to get your one third in. Try new veg you have never used before like chinese leaf rather than a cos lettuce. Have a snoop around the greebngrocers for inspiration x

I've been enjoying veggie stirfry with noodles - still plenty of veg but a change from cold salad, and very easy if you buy pre-prepared packs (current fave of mine is ASDA hot and spicy which has chillis in it).

I dress my salads with balsamic vinegar which is free

I often stir fry veg (usually courgettes, onions, peppers and mushrooms) with cumin seeds and stir in lemon juice at the end to have instead of salad

Feel like im for ever eating boring salad... sooo much im starting to really go off it!!! Anyone add ingrediants or dressings to make it a bit more interesting! Need to keep enjoying it so i can keep in losing!

You don't have to eat salads all the time but they don't have to be boring theres loads of different things to put in salads. What do you use?

I work shifts and I eat alot of jacket potatoes and pasts n sauces at work and the quickest way to get my super free is to have a salad bowl with it!
Usually lettuce toms peppers n onions! I really like balsamic but I was told it was syned on ee! Would just like sum new ideas on wot i else I cud hav instead of my salads...

Little_Jade said:
I work shifts and I eat alot of jacket potatoes and pasts n sauces at work and the quickest way to get my super free is to have a salad bowl with it!
Usually lettuce toms peppers n onions! I really like balsamic but I was told it was syned on ee! Would just like sum new ideas on wot i else I cud hav instead of my salads...

Balsamic vinegar is free on all plans! It's balsamic dressing that's synful

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Gherkins are fab in salad, same goes for pickled red cabbage, pickled onions xx

I dress my salads with balsamic vinegar which is free

I often stir fry veg (usually courgettes, onions, peppers and mushrooms) with cumin seeds and stir in lemon juice at the end to have instead of salad

I started using balsamic vinegar on my salads a while ago and love it! Tesco and Co-op also do a low fat honey and mustard dressing which is lovely - not sure of the syns but it's not many x

Grated carrot, white cabbage onion and if you peel then grate the fat stalk off your broccoli..... Mix in a tablespoon of from frais, black pepper and lemon juice. Makes a kind of ranch style coleslaw to go with chips etc instead of salad.

Onion salads are nice, white onion thinly sliced cucumber and deseeed then thinly slice a tomato with a big pinch of chopped mint and a squeeze of lemon.

Roast veg are nice too. Chop into chunks (use anything.... Courgette peppers onions BNS etc) spray liberally with frylight and throw a few bashed garlic gloves in with some fresh thyme or rosemary or a drizzle of balsamic.

Keep any leftovers for chopping up a bit smaller and stirring cold through your couscous for lunch the next day. :)

And then there's stir fry veggies :) yuuuuum!!!!

Thanks for the advice everyone! Got a few ideas on how to make them a bit more interesting! :) I think i need to b a bit more adventurous when shopping n just give things a try! I tend to go straight for the things im used to...

Nandos sauce (1 syn a tbsp)
Raita style dressing: fat free yoghurt with garlic cumin and a bit of mint and seasoning, nice on a salad but i love garlic :p
Or I just keep it easy and have low fat salad cream (1 syn tbsp)
I always add gherkins and sometimes a cheeky handful of chillies
If you have HEX A left how about some crumbled feta or some mozarella :)

Back