Bored with waiting!!!!!

Ella Belle

Silver Member
Does anyone else just feel like the time is going so slowly? Even though on other diets the weight comes off so much slower the time seems to be dragging more on this. It's very possibly because I am so obsessed, but also I think because this is so hard and challenging I want to see fast results. I don't mean to complain, I have lost weight, my shape has changed and I do look better...just aaaahhhhh I want it to be tomorrow that I'm a size 10 and feeling great!!! I'm being selfish I know, and childish probably, but I'm just so impatient!

I have been completely disheartened by my last wi. Although I do think it was mistake by my chemist, that she read it wrong at my third wi, it's not easy thinking that I put up a lb. This diet is too hard for it not to work. And then I, like an idiot, got on the scales this morning and they are still reading that I haven't lost anything. I do have my period (sorry male readers) so maybe that can account for something but still...aaaahhhh. I had a great plan that I could lose 3 lbs a week from wk 4 to week 10 and then be just under/at 10st when I finished LT to go to Weightwatchers on 13th December. I have been completely 100% TFR, no cheating, the most I've done is smell food (and really the only food I've smelled is my Mam's hospital stuff so haven't been given any great culinary temptation there!)....I better bloody lose weight this week or I think I'll go mad!!!!!!!!:mad:

I haven't been posting much lately (present 'essay' rant excluded) but I just wanted to say a huge :thankyou: to everyone who posts on here. Reading all the posts really does keep me going when morale is so low like this, even though I haven't been posting too much myself lately I still am an avid stalker!! x

Does anyone else just feel like the time is going so slowly? Even though on other diets the weight comes off so much slower the time seems to be dragging more on this. It's very possibly because I am so obsessed, but also I think because this is so hard and challenging I want to see fast results. I don't mean to complain, I have lost weight, my shape has changed and I do look better...just aaaahhhhh I want it to be tomorrow that I'm a size 10 and feeling great!!! I'm being selfish I know, and childish probably, but I'm just so impatient!

I have been completely disheartened by my last wi. Although I do think it was mistake by my chemist, that she read it wrong at my third wi, it's not easy thinking that I put up a lb. This diet is too hard for it not to work. And then I, like an idiot, got on the scales this morning and they are still reading that I haven't lost anything. I do have my period (sorry male readers) so maybe that can account for something but still...aaaahhhh. I had a great plan that I could lose 3 lbs a week from wk 4 to week 10 and then be just under/at 10st when I finished LT to go to Weightwatchers on 13th December. I have been completely 100% TFR, no cheating, the most I've done is smell food (and really the only food I've smelled is my Mam's hospital stuff so haven't been given any great culinary temptation there!)....I better bloody lose weight this week or I think I'll go mad!!!!!!!!:mad:

I haven't been posting much lately (present 'essay' rant excluded) but I just wanted to say a huge :thankyou: to everyone who posts on here. Reading all the posts really does keep me going when morale is so low like this, even though I haven't been posting too much myself lately I still am an avid stalker!! x

Ella, I feel EXACTLY like you....totally cheesed off and demotivated. I've just been on the Dukan forum and am thinking of starting that next week. I've got to re-feed in a couple of weeks anyway and I'm thinking that if I only lose a pound or so a week at the moment that I may as well make my life easier. My OH is totally fed up with me doing LT and complaining bitterly that I'm not doing my health any favours prior to my op next month. When I'm having a 'low' day I think that he may be right? Then I look at people like Daisy and Su who are losing 3-4 lbs EVERY week......and think 'why can't that be me?'. I think that I may have reached the end of the road on LT....

I've opened a thread on the Dukan forum asking the folks there for advice......

ps I'm a size 12 now and that's not enough for me either!:(

I know what you mean Sandra. I was quite positive about LT before this week but just this one bad weigh-in and I'm questioning and wondering if I should start ww earlier than planned. I won't though I think. My Mam is so happy with me losing weight and looking better (she's hoping a husband will miraculously appear if I'm skinny :p), I want to keep going as long as I can for her and for me. But it is so tough after such a crap wi. I think whatever you decide you are going to be okay Sandra, you seem to have such a good head on your shoulders and perhaps an easier diet is a better option for you with everything you have coming up in the next few weeks. However we end up doing it, as long as we end up happy with ourselves that's the most important thing :) x

Hi Ella Bella, just reading your thread. You are not alone in this.....I have put on 2lbs this week and feel crap about it.....I am constantly battling this last 2 weeks. You have lost a phenominal amount already. I have come to terms that there will be pitfalls along the way .... as long as we pick ourselves up and keep going. +1lb is not much condiering you have lost so much in the previous weeks. Good luck for this week. :)

Thanks Funky, it's just hard isn't it when it doesn't seem to go the right way?! Here's hoping we are both celebrating next week x

I was plus one last weigh too despite 100%, but when we put it in perspective we've done really well. I often think.. thats it, im going to slimmingworld.. but really we'd have loads a weeks worth of up's and downs and up's.. that one little 1lb gain once.. isn't that big a deal.

I know what you mean Sandra. I was quite positive about LT before this week but just this one bad weigh-in and I'm questioning and wondering if I should start ww earlier than planned. I won't though I think. My Mam is so happy with me losing weight and looking better (she's hoping a husband will miraculously appear if I'm skinny :p), I want to keep going as long as I can for her and for me. But it is so tough after such a crap wi. I think whatever you decide you are going to be okay Sandra, you seem to have such a good head on your shoulders and perhaps an easier diet is a better option for you with everything you have coming up in the next few weeks. However we end up doing it, as long as we end up happy with ourselves that's the most important thing :) x

Ella, have you seen the Daily Mail today? it's got details of the new WW points system and seems to make a lot of sense. I always used WW before, when I didn't have 4 stone to lose it was manageable! but cos it takes so long I did LT this time as I didn't have enough time to get thinner for the op. Been looking at this new plan though and thinking that I may consider it instead of the Dukan Diet. will make up my mind when the Dukan book arrives from Amazon. Is your mum trying to marry you off??? Don't know if weight plays too much of a part in falling in love......but good luck anyway....then again who needs a man? give me a cat any day! Fortunately my OH is cat-mad too:D

Lol Sandra my Mam is definitely trying to marry me off..I'm the last of five children and the only one not married with kids and have recently broken up with my boyfriend of five years...she is very depressed about the whole thing :rolleyes:...it makes me laugh a lot, had my Dad recently even saying that you don't have to be in love to get married and that I'm being too choosy :p..they are hilarious!

I was looking at the new WW propoints plan last night, I think I will definitely be joining again. I think I've decided to refeed in the first week in Dec now. I won't be at or near my weight by then but I want to have a handle on the refeed by the time the nights out for Christmas come along so that I don't lose total control and just give in. That means I have about 4 weeks left. I'm going to really push it out as much as I can until then to get as close as I can...hopefully be nearly a size 10 ( a few years ago I was a size 10 at 10st 5lbs but I'm not sure my sizes are equating this time :(). It's a bit of a muddle in my head at the moment, but I have a night out on Dec 10th and on Dec17th and I don't want to be refeeding and not able to enjoy myself and have a few drinks so I think it's best to finish a couple of weeks before and do a proper refeed and then follow WW as much as possible. Blah blah blah ....this stuff goes round in my head so much these days..it's a wonder I get anything done at all :D.

Ella, what are they like? I remember at my parents' 40th wedding anniversary party (they had us 3 girls after they'd been married 10 years) my mum commenting to all and sundry that not only did she not have any grandchildren but not one of us was married or even had a boyfriend! she used to try and pair us off with guys at cousins' weddings, sometimes it was funny but more often it was downright embarassing! Now both my second sister and I have been with our partners for 20 years but my little sis, who was 45 yesterday, has never met Mr Right and doesn't look likely too! I don't think that it's the end of the world....

I think I might look at WW seriously too, not going to have too much fun party-wise this Xmas but I don't want to be drunk in charge of my crutches! Can't imagine a stone cold sober Xmas though........no champagne????? quelle horreur:eek:

Back