Boredom

elle82

It's weird but I feel like I'm bored all the time cuz I can't eat..it's like everything I did before revolved around snacks think I mite take up reading or something

You are so right - when you are bored you need to find something to do quickly so as not to eat. After 6 months on this diet I still get bored and start thinking about having my soup early or something. When I manage to entertain myself I forget about food altogether an can go days without any problems at all.

Know exactly how you feel. It's not until I started this diet that I realised how much I boredom-ate. Snacks and irregular eating I think was my biggest downfall.

Wow 6 months congrats that's brilliant :) how much have u lost so far? Guys it's really mad I always thought I ate cuz I was Hungary or wanted it turns out I was jus bored and that was jus something to do..I've even noticed that If my fav programme is on I used that as an excuse to get sum snacks!! N now all I have is my water by my side lol

I'm along side Pepper,it's turned me into a little housewife lol.

I think most of us eat due to boredom,I know I certainly did x

Lol I just put my Hoover down aside from it keeping me busy every little bit of mess is drivin me crazy I'm so cranky at the mo..just had to watch everyone have tea and biscuits while I had my shake ( had to keep reminded myself why I'm doing this )

hi all keepin busy is the answer defo i work from 7 til 12 and dont have a shake until i get home as i am sick of people wanting to no what im on only one friend knows as she is incouraging me to get to healthy weight . but when i get home i cant sit and enjoy my shake until i tidy up and walk the dogs and feed my oh by then its 4 30 sometimes , and to be honest most times am not even hungry yet before i would have ate a pack of biscuit,sandwiches and 3 bags of crisps and thinking wat to have 4 dinner . and trying to get my son to walk the dogs as i feel sick and ashamed of my self cus i ate so much now i have so much energy x

I do the same I used to make excuses not to go out or I would stick to only going certain places and the more I ate the more I hated myself and didn't think it was worth makin an effort..I keep trying to remind myself of those days as I'm struggling

Listen - I had a number of reasons for going on this diet - the number one was my health - the others are so many - such as having to be careful where I went because I couldn't fitr into seats at the cinema/theatre/ Airplanes, cafes etc. Also struggling to get up hills/stairs etc. Another one is clothes - they are so much more expensive and hard to find when you are fat. When people offer you food they offer you twice as much because they assume you eat everything in sight! Then of course you do! So just keep going it's so worth it.

bigjeeze said:
Listen - I had a number of reasons for going on this diet - the number one was my health - the others are so many - such as having to be careful where I went because I couldn't fitr into seats at the cinema/theatre/ Airplanes, cafes etc. Also struggling to get up hills/stairs etc. Another one is clothes - they are so much more expensive and hard to find when you are fat. When people offer you food they offer you twice as much because they assume you eat everything in sight! Then of course you do! So just keep going it's so worth it.

It's amazing to hear and read how everybody has the same struggles..I used to think I was the only one,always makin excuses not to go somewhere I wudnt dare eat in public cuz I thought people would think look at the fatty enjoying her food lol..I've found it quite hard from all my life being a size 6 and so confident to now being over weight but it's made me see things n a whole different perspective n I now understand how addictive food is..I think everyone on here is amazing to do wot there doing and to stick to it..each n every one of us shud b proud we've taken the first step to a healthy future whoop whoop lol

Back