BOREDOM

Texty_F

Gold Member
I now have 2 weeks off work to use the last of my annual leave up - don't get paid for another 8 days or so. How will I fill my time in - its when I get bored I succumb to picking. Ive got lots of fruit in to pick on but theres only so much fruit I can cope with in a day.

I dont have any hobbies as such, I had to stop my zumba classes when i damaged my foot. Im reading the last of the 50 shades books but that wont take me long.

Any ideas appreciated thanks muchly :D

I am off work too, trying to stick to what i would usually eat when at work. Havn't done much today but plan to take the kids on a few walks, cinema etc. Walking is free too!

De-clutter the house ready for Christmas?

Texty_F said:
I now have 2 weeks off work to use the last of my annual leave up - don't get paid for another 8 days or so. How will I fill my time in - its when I get bored I succumb to picking. Ive got lots of fruit in to pick on but theres only so much fruit I can cope with in a day.

I dont have any hobbies as such, I had to stop my zumba classes when i damaged my foot. Im reading the last of the 50 shades books but that wont take me long.

Any ideas appreciated thanks muchly :D

Any other books you could read? Do you have an e-reader/kindle that you could get free books from amazon with? Or sounding a bit old fashioned here, what about your library or charity shops for some?

I love nothing more on a day off curling up on the sofa with a good book!!

I did a de clutter when I was off in sept lol and as its a pretty new house I cant say I even need to decorate or do a massive tidy. I dont have a kindle but i do have lots of books ive not read yet, the trouble is if i get too cosy i end up falling asleep and i dont want to waste my 2 weeks. I may see if my foot is up to walking for a while, then im getting a bit of body magic in if nothing else.

I've decided im going to have a cookery/making day tomorrow, sw quiche, coleslaw, maybe something sweet - the world is my lobster haha

Hey,
I am a shocking person for boredom eating too- I live in central london so I have a few options: all the galleries and museums which are free, there is also a free london website (not sure where you live or if there will be similar), walking, cooking (I don't seem to pick at all when I am cooking), films. If you're not up to walking how about investing in a yoga/pilate/workout dvd?
Good luck x

Perhaps as you're having a cookery day, also make some meals for the freezer? Stock up on soups, cottage pie, curry, casserole - all those lovely warming things that are great in the cold months but you can't always be bothered with after a day at work?

Im miles from London Jules im in the North East lol - would be a nice trip out though. I made a batch of sw quiche in muffin tins today, froze them, going to shops in the morning to get bits and pieces, then the oven will be into overdrive :D I usually do freeze stuff when i make a lot ceebeee so thats just reminded me freezer bags lol. Ive just watched a you tube vid of one of the girls making the sw sweet and sour so may give that a go too. Ill sweat the pounds off for WI tomorrow after slaving over a hot oven ( I can dream)

What about seeing family and friends? The Miranda hart book is fab, you'll be giggling too much to fall asleep. I love wandering round shops. Hopefully get a trip to exeter in the week, it is difficult with a toddler and not driving.

You could teach yourself something new. I taught myself how to crochet the other week. I knit already though. You could come here and clean, that'll take 2 weeks.

Unfortunately they all work full time, daughter has a day off Thursday so ill go shopping(window) with her and have a healthy lunch, i know there wont be alcohol as ill be driving. Ive not done any knitting or crotcheting for years as I have arthritis in my fingers. When my kids were little I did loads. OMG cleaning thats like swearing lol - my hubby does a lot of mine as I do all the cooking. He's good in that respect bless him. I saw Miranda on This Morning and she is soooo funny. I may treat myself to her book in Asda when im doing my shopping in the morning. If the weather was nice I'd go for a little walk but its been so rotten lately.

Oh I feel for you, my mum's been developing arthritis in her fingers and it is horrible. I love Miranda, partly because my mum keeps saying I am her. I got the book for £9 from tesco, most places have it for around that much. I keep laughing out loud. I got it as my 4 stone award treat :)

I knit stuff for my son, knitting a jumper for myself now. Spotted a dress I want to do in a magazine. Ooh, you'll have time to read magazines.

Oh to be young again with no aches and pains lol. It started in my big toe (Had 8 operations) and still have no feeling in it. Now my hands and fingers ache, it doesnt help that my job is 99% computer based and then im on laptop at night. Ill check out her book on Thursday. I think ive watched every Bond film this week lol as they are on the 007 channel on Sky. If push comes to shove Ill have another clear out day from my wardrobes and drawers. :D

Well ive done it, went shopping today and bought allsorts lol. God help the kitchen tomorrow it will be like Hells Kitchen all i need is Gordon Ramsay

I went to Morrisons for bits and pieces yeterday, I hit on lucky with the pre packed veg/roasting veg in the tin foil tins all reduced to 25p from £1 - well how could i resist lol

Back