Bought my monthly WW pass!

piggin

Going to my first class on Tuesday.

I used to do SW but going to give this a try. Just downloaded the app for my Iphone and quite excited about it all!

One question, I know fruit is free. Is this just fresh fruit or does it include frozen and tinned fruit?

thanks!

Hello Piggin! SW to WW convert here and joined last week!
Fruit is free per portion, however a portion is the RDA portion size, ie a handful of grapes is 0pp but a punnet would have points in them.
Frozen and tinned fruit are 0pp - you can have tinned as long as you drain the juice :) x

Ah thanks! I guess I'll find all this out on Tuesday but I wanted to get started tomorrow.

So you can't just graze on fruit all day then lol

Nope you cant - which I suppose is better in the long run. Just think of the sugar and calories anyway in any fruit!
For Instance on calories alone a pear is 68 if you had two, thats 136
A bag of walkers cheese and onion is 133 ;)

PS. i know its not just about calorie counting but its quite startling LOL x

Hello Piggin! SW to WW convert here and joined last week!
Fruit is free per portion, however a portion is the RDA portion size, ie a handful of grapes is 0pp but a punnet would have points in them.
Frozen and tinned fruit are 0pp - you can have tinned as long as you drain the juice :) x

This is possibly the best bit of advice about fruit I've read on these boards!

Whilst in class etc you're told fruit is 0pp, the booklet doesn't have ANY weights! My weightloss stalled and I wholeheartedly believe it's because I ate too much fruit - I enjoy it so much.

Only have the recommended portion size as stated on the wrapper, or just one piece of the fruit in question. I ate a whole pineapple in one day, when that's probably 4-5 portions! I probably could've eaten a whole dinner for that many calories!

This is possibly the best bit of advice about fruit I've read on these boards!

Whilst in class etc you're told fruit is 0pp, the booklet doesn't have ANY weights! My weightloss stalled and I wholeheartedly believe it's because I ate too much fruit - I enjoy it so much.

Only have the recommended portion size as stated on the wrapper, or just one piece of the fruit in question. I ate a whole pineapple in one day, when that's probably 4-5 portions! I probably could've eaten a whole dinner for that many calories!

Awww *blush* Thanks
I've only started this week but its all in my HEAD :D x

Back