Bought some Zero Noodles....

BuxomBarrister

Going to try them tonight with a pack... will report back!

I recommend dry frying them for a few minutes so they firm up a little. You can also boil them for a few minutes. Please don't expect them to taste or be like real pasta - treat them as a sort of vegetable, like a beansprout! They're slightly crunchy in texture, but very good when mixed in with your foodpack. :)

When you take them out of the pack - don't be put off by the smell, rinse them under a cold tap in a sieve. :) If they're too long, chop at them with some scissors - makes things a lot easier.

Good thinking to chop them up - they're like spaghetti but about 4 times longer!
Minerva have you ever tried the slim rice? It stinks but I don't know how to wash it cos the pieces are too small for a sieve, d'oh!

I've had all of the different types of zero-noodle products... I agree the slim-rice is more fiddly, but generally I haven't had a problem because my sieve is very fine and they don't fall through.
I plonk the rice in there, rinse under slow water stirring with a spoon... Squeeze it out slightly with the back of the spoon and then transfer into a bowl/ wok for some light warming up/boiling.

Alternatively just have the noodles/spaghetti and chop at them a lot longer until you get a rice-like consistency :D

Wow!!!!!!! They are fab!!! I actually mixed them into a pack of Exante carbonara I had spare and I cant believe how great they are!

I did the rinsing and boiled them for a few mins.

I am so FULL!

I'm presuming they haven't affected anyone's losses???!

As far as I know, they haven't affected anyone's losses. :) I have half a pack per day and my losses have been constant.

Just be careful not to have too much, they are very fibre-dense, so a large quantity may make you feel a bit bloated and constipated. Smaller portions, however, may help keep you regular. :)

After reading multiple threads of zero noodles on here and the s&s forum I decided to buy some. I also bought slim rice and pasta. I had the rice last night to go with my mild curry. Fair enough it has no taste but the texture is horrible. I thought it would be softer. I'm going to cook the pasta or noodles next time see how that goes. If I can get used to the texture I am onto a winner.

I bought some of the Slim Rice from H&B yesterday. It tastes of nothing which is fine (and expected) because I only wanted it to bulk out a meal. Unfortunately I found the texture off putting, they were really rubbery. I could hear it squeaking when I was chewing, chewing didn't make much difference they didn't really mash up by chewing.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore. When I was eating them it felt like I was chewing my brace elastics. It's a shame because I was so looking forward to having them in the curry pack.

I actually liked them. They are entirely tasteless, but definitely bulk up a meal. I stick to half a pack now because a whole one made me feel SO full.

I love them, fully intend to carry on using them after the diet. Amazing for bulking out your meal with no guilt. Goes really well with the mushroom pasta. Best find ever x

Just eating some now, stir fried with mushrooms, green beans, soy sauce, lashings of salt and pepper and added some tuna at the end (though it probably doesnt need it!) they remind me of udon noodles but thinner

Holland and Barratt stock them. If you check the nutrition info on them you'll see there's barely anything to them, meaning they're unlimited x

they have about 14 calories in a pack and like 0g carbs so Im sure theyre fine.
Chinese supermarkets stock them too, youre looking at £1.70 -£2 a pack

Thanks Rach I have just been up to holland and barrett and bought some. I start s+s on Monday for the 1st time so thought I had better get prepared! :) xxxx

Back