Bouillon causing water retention ?

Miss Bean

Hi,

I don't actually eat salt really unless it's already in food that I buy, but as a whole I tend to leave it out of most things - and just add a bit here and there for seasoning purposes.

I know I am retaining water this week - not just because I am nearing the end of week 5 and I have stayed the same but also because my fingers are back to the same size they were 5 weeks ago, last week my engagement ring was really loose.

I had mad totm in the first 3 weeks as my hormones adjusted but I know I am not due so I can only think that it might be all the salt in the boullion.....

Maybe I should cut that out and see how it goes??

Chazza x

Hi :) I personally think it does cause water rention yeah. Last week was the first week I started drinking Bouillon, and towards the end of the week I was weighing 2lbs heavier haha.

So yeah I do think it does cause water retention, like you said try cutting it out and you'll probably have a high loss again once it all disappears, better to retain water than to retain fat... but better not to retain anything at all! lol

I have the reduced salt one, and it still seems to be doing it. I know the full salt one isn't recommended - terrible!! xx

Ah i have no idea then if your drinking the reduced one :( I feel bad for drinking the normal one the main ingredient in it is salt, i think i should stop though it might be why i'm not losing weight or losing slowly :(

Ohh I didnt realise there was a reduced salt one..... never heard of it before doing exante, bought some afew days ago but there was no reduced salt one there..... have only used it once, a tsp in my veg soup.... better not use it too often then :-/ I just thought it was standard bouillon that everyone was talking about.... oops....

If I remember correctly, I posted before about tummy troubles when I first started drinking it and Starlight said that even though it's reduced salt one there is still a high content in it - so who knows !! Yeah the reduced salt is a green/brown box the full salt is purple I believe xxx

Other way around... reduced salt is in a purple tub with an orange lid. Usually found in the 'free from' section in Tesco etc - just to be confusing! I have 1 or 2 a day and haven't noticed I'm retaining water - but I could be! I don't tend to notice these things!! Doh!

Spots xx

Back