Boullion

Jenbuzz

Yes or no? If you use it how much do you have a day? I'm aware of the salt content and water retention, but just wondered if it makes a big difference to losses? I just had a cup because I was feeling really hungry. It's solved the problem but I'm a bit worried about making the journey harder than it needs to be :)

I tried it for a few days and it made no difference to my weight loss, I had 3 cups a day but stopped because it was vile, if your concerned about salt holland and Barrett do a low salt option

Thanks Sean. I really enjoyed mine earlier. I seem to have a mid afternoon think I'm starving to death session. The boullion helped a lot. I think one cup a day is more than enough for me tho :)

Hi, all, does anyone know if you can go for Knorr? I prefer their veggie stock, and they do do a low salt and I think even a reduce calorie version. I like savory foods and I worry I might develop a craving, and stock might be a god fix for it.

Hi there :D I have had this recommended to me too but am not sure whether to go for it or not? I tried the exante pasta on day 1 and liked it but by day 2 it tasted like pure salt! I know I have had this weird taste bud reaction before on other ketosis diets but not sure if it will settle down. At the moment i am not missing savoury but I might get some to try when that does happen :D

I was worried about the calories, I nearly bought some but the cals per cup made me rethink.
I could do with a 2pm pick me up but I'm worried!

I have about small a cup a day, of the full salt, full on variety and I've lost 10lb this week. I'm pretty sure without it I would have crumbled a couple of times this week!

Well, I guess I shall buy some myself, just in case - if I don't need it then so be it, but I think having this as a back-up might be a good psychological trick. I use stock/broth a lot in my cooking anyway so it wouldn't go to waste.

Just got some reduced salt boullion - from Tesco's. :)

Ha, ha, I'm just having mine, put 3 teaspoons and some black pepper in a large mug. Yummmm. It's day 3 for me on the TS diet and I'm feeling hungry...

Oh no, can totally understand, was thinking about that too, and wondering if you could still take iron tablets, any idea?

Hi, Jen,
will do, I've emailed them 3 times so far, all questions about stuff being okay or not. They're answers aren't all that satisfying, I must say. But will write to them and ask about iron tablets. :)

Ah right I haven't yet. I'm guessing the response is along the lines of "we do not recommend it, but it's your choice?" Lol

:D Yes, pretty much. For example I asked them if chicory coffee would be okay or kick me out of ketosis. The answer: It's okay calorie-wise and it also doesn't contain aspartame which they don't recommend and that anything apart from the meals provided by them might have an impact on ketosis. So basically they didn't know the answer to my question. IT would be helpful if they had a list of stuff that's generally okay when you're doing a ketogenic diet, it would probably halve the emails sent to them... ;)

You're probably right, though I try to stick to the meals and advice from Exante as the main thing is to get into ketosis, and I'm not quite there yet so don't want to risk it - although I did give in tonight and had that bouillon. ;)

Back