Bowel habits (too much info alert)

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Tygermoth, 15 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Tygermoth

Tygermoth Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi all,

I'm on week 10 and just a bit confused. Week four and this week i have rampant persistent diarrhoea. really really nasty......

After seeing two health care professionals one said i was consipated and that was causing the diarrhoea and one said i just had diarrhoea. this means i don't know if to take laxatives, that will make the problem worse if its just a bad bum or take imodium and make the problem worse if I am constipated!

The bad bum is beginning to get rather out of control and I'm now house bound!!

Not good as 1. I have visitors 2. Its me birthday. 3. I'm utterly mortified as i have just had a loo incident 'near miss'

Kind regards
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

happy birthday Tygermoth!!!!! Not quite how you envisioned spending it though hey?!

I guess you need to establish which it is and I guess even the experts struggle with that one. A google of it says one of the most common causes of diarrhoea is constipation and as we know that this diet is likely to cause constipation, I would choose to treat it as that.

Keep the water intake up. This is really important as you need it to try to prevent the constipation getting worse and because the diarrhoea will be leaching the water out of you.

Then treat with which ever laxative is the recommended (different for different VLCDs for some reason).

Hope you manage to enjoy something of your birthday.
  4. cocojo123

cocojo123 Full Member

I think that it is probably overflow resulting from constipation however without doing an abdominal palpation it is difficult to tell. I would go back to your GP as having persistent diahorrea for six weeks is not normal and needs proper investigation and attention.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.