Bowel problems??

moesy22

Sorry for such a topic but I'm just wondering has anyone had any bowel problems regarding constipation on slim and save? I'm on day 12 of the diet and finding it great have kept 100% including my veggie allowance and drinking plenty of water but unfortunately I have not been able to go to the loo since last sunday. So that's almost a week and I now am in quite alot of discomfort. I think I'm an going to have to eat somethinh that will help me go and I know that will take me out of ketosis but I'm more worried about the constipation than that tbh.

Any body else with this problem???

I take pyshillum husk tablets every day and have also started using a couple of tablespoons of Jordan's wheat bran everyday (both from holland and Barrett) and this keeps me going. S&s also do fibre to put in your food to help to which is completely on plan.

According to my fitness pal my overall carbs are hovering around 60 even with the bran and I'm staying in ketosis :)

I'd take a laxative, not sure of the best one as I've read people having really bad pains after using some or too many, then start using the extra fibre to stop future problems.

Don't forget you're not gonna have as much coming out as there isn't as much going in :)

Thanks do much stephanees! I have a leaving party to go to tonigjt so can't even take a laxative but if nothing happens by tomorrow I definitely will and thanks for the supplement advice!

Moesy, if you're going to take a laxative, take it tonight before bed. In the morning you'll go to the loo. Don't leave it until tomorrow as you'll be sat around waiting for it to take effect and it kinda puts your day on hold! I've heard that the dulcolax pico perles are more gentle than the normal dulcolax. Don't go OTT with the laxatives- no matter how much you want to 'go', if you take too many you will really regret it in the morning! You can always take another if you get no results after 8 hours or so.
I sometimes find that a big, hot, very strong cup of black tea or coffee makes me rush to the loo, but this might just be me!

At this stage id me tempted to try anything lol! I may take one on my return tonight then before bed and hope that it will have worked by tomorrow :) thanks for advice!

Just follow the instructions on the packet hun and take the recommended dosage or you'll waste your Sunday sat on the toilet!

Whatever you do don't take the maximum dose as on packet . I had a rather early and painful wake up call yesterday morning !

Oh my god, I have this problem so bad! Have my final WI on tues morning and havent been for 5 days now! Argh!!! I have some senokot already, do you think that'll be ok? Xx

I just went to my asda and they didn't have any, it's getting ridiculous now, will the senna ones knock me out of keto? They are the herbal ones x

I doubt it, tablets are only small so for the amount of carbs in them I don't think it will make a difference. Plus, your health comes first and it's horrible being bunged up, so I'd go for it.

Yea I agree with saddlebags its important not to be bunged up...sadly I still am lol!

Oh god! I hope it goes away soon! X

I did saddlebags but nothing seems to have happened. I am going to have an early night and take another ducolax tonight and fingers crossed I'll be fine tomorrow :). My body just hadn't adjusted yet. I'm also going to take a fibre supplement each day as well to help.

Fibre each day is the way to keep on top of it

If your super backed up, movicol sachets and lots of water

Thanks rebekah!

Back