Bowels!!!

Nanny Dawn

On day 4 of TFR...bowels inactive! Is that normal?:confused:

Mmm, my pharmacist said this happens to some people. They sell fibre supplements to add to water. I havent tried them but they are supposed to be tasteless. Good luck hun, stick with it x

I would recommend the fibre clear, I had the same problem. This might be to much information but I probably still only go every other day. I put the fibre clear in my shakes or cup of tea, it is tasteless. Hope this helps :) x

Thanks, will ask at weigh in next Tuesday. I have taken some laxatives as I don't want bowel problems, but now wondering if they will affect the ketosis.

I will stick at it, my daughter gets married in 18 months and I refuse to be a 'fat mother of the bride'...lol.

I have been naughty and jumped on the scales, I was doubting any effects as I felt so well...but had lost 7 and 1/2 lbs in 3 days!

Thanks JACSFAT, not too much information. I don't want a problem, I suffer from constipation anyway, just worried whether laxatives affect ketosis.

Dawn, I suffered this first time round too, but I must admit my previous food habits were very high in fibre so it seemed like I was always on the loo, made a nice change to just wee and go!

On day 2 of a restart on tfr 100% so haven't quite reached that again yet!

having same problem myself:( pharmacy said i could use the fiber supplement or to use senacot.best of luck..

Into day 3 and have a bit of a growler tummy going on:mad:

Hopefully it will settle down, roll on tomorrow I will get some fibre stuff from the pharmacy too, as I know its my system needing to get a wriggle on! (sorry if TMI!)

You should remember that as you are now eating significantly less that you won't have the "mass?" that you had before the diet so you will not need to go as often.

I dont go everyday but as already said i wouldn't expect to. I feel no discomfort so I don't think I need anything but if you feel blocked ask your chemist about the fibre clear x

It is well known that LT does not contain sufficient fibre, and a huge amount of us need something to help nature along!! lol

I found fibreclear done nothing for me, but if you want to try and it doesn't work, try psyllium husk.. I don't know of anyone on LT last time i was on it, that it did not work for. Other than that i use senakot... Just make sure you don't leave it too long as it can cause great problems.

Good luck with whatever you decide to use x x

I have just opened a new thread with a copy of an old thread for you (if that makes sense! lol) ... Hope it helps x x

Fibre Clear works for me x

I had to start fibre clear last night as I hadn't had enough water & had started to feel a bit uncomfortable & thought I was possibly getting a little constipated.

Without wishing to sound too gross, I understand that we have to watch for constipation & keep hydrated etc to help prevent issues, but how often should one be actually physically "going" to the loo on this kind of diet bearing in mind we are not physically eating as much as before?

Apologies if too much information etc but it's important and I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.

Cheers

Last edited:
TMI alert!!! I probably only go every other day, or maybe go 3 days. Not sure if this is normal??!!

I think every other day should be fine...

I use pysillium husk, but i cant stomach it at first to be honest...

If I havnt "evacuated" for two days I take a dulcolax and in the morning bish bash bosh.. sorted lol

be warned for anyone that hasnt been on Lipotrim before, that during week 2 - 3 a lot of people actually get the runs (day 10 and 11 for me previously)... this is the last of the rubbish leaving your system, or thats what people have said previously...

Keep your fluids up... xxx

I think every other day should be fine...

I use pysillium husk, but i cant stomach it at first to be honest...

If I havnt "evacuated" for two days I take a dulcolax and in the morning bish bash bosh.. sorted lol

be warned for anyone that hasnt been on Lipotrim before, that during week 2 - 3 a lot of people actually get the runs (day 10 and 11 for me previously)... this is the last of the rubbish leaving your system, or thats what people have said previously...

Keep your fluids up... xxx

Thanks for the warning about day 10 & 11!

I got my Fibreclear from the pharmacy last night and worked things along nicely over-night. I don't feel as sluggish as I did, although still a little "bunged"

Might have another spoonful tonight in coffee a few hours before bedtime!

All sorted! Lol feeling much better after commencing the fibre clear & it's worked it's magic. Trying to keep making sure I get in at least 3 litres of water though as that's defo a huge factor in helping stop you feeling sluggish & bunged up.

Thanks everyone for all your help. Lost a stone in first week, so very motivated. Been on fibre clear for a week...it hasn't done a thing! So had to resort to laxatives, they have worked fine, so may have to take them a couple of times a week.

Back