Bra advice??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Porgeous, 31 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi there

Went to Rigby & Peller today to be refitted. My new size is a 30 E or F depending on brand/fit etc. However, the bra gives me really bad bulges at the front under my arms, I know this bit isn't technically my boobs but my current bra doesn't cause it and when I was previously fitted at Rigby's when I was 14stone I also didn't have the problem. I queried it with her and she said everyone gets that, is this right??

Gxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

<<hands Georgie a shoehorn;)>>

Mini likes this.
  4. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    No WHAAaaaaaaaayyyyyyy - is this correct! There should be not bulgy bits least of all when you have the figure you have Georgie - get back to the shop for another opinion! When you're paying for a R & P brassiere it should fit like a glove xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

you have big boobs - fact

:D

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I agree - with time4me ... go back and ask for a refitting/different style. A correctly fitting bra should also support on the sides not just underneath. And R&P esp should be aware of that. Let us know what happesn

7. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

maybe go to a different place to check it out c what they say?

8. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Thanks gang, sounds silly but I haven't ever worn an underwire bra before always preferred soft cup and wasn't sure if it was normal. I understand what she was saying, ie, it isn't my boobs that is bulging just skin and fat but at the same time assumed it was being caused by the bra being too small/tight. Going to go to Bravissimo for a fitting to see if they come up with the same size and then take it from there.

Gxx

9. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

that sounds like a good idea im so jealous of ur big boobs!!!!!!!!!

10. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    oh don't be Becky that are like wibble wobble wibble wobble jelly on a plate!!

Gxx

misscheeky likes this.
  11. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

has got to be better than been nearly as flat as a pancake lol!!

12. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

I would go for a second opinion.... Bravissimo are excellent... I guess it would depend on the cut of the bra too... with bigger boobies ( I know I've got a couple meself...lol!) you need a fuller cup which comes up high under the arms..... says she feeling her own bra whilst typing....:eek:

13. SharonJayne1970

SharonJayne1970 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I agree with what everyone else has said also. This is not correct and considering it was R and P I am suprised. Get a second opinion.

14. nessie

nessie Loooooves MiniMins

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Doing my own thing...
    Lmao Georgie, you're still lucky I'm down to a B cup now :wave_cry: bye bye boobies. Well I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, we always want what someone else has. Oh and I totally agree with everyone, your bra should fit perfectly, especially when getting professionally fitted! Get that second opinion :)

15. Allan G

Allan G Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    :D a favorite subject of mine :p From a male point of view ( Having never worn a bra in my life) a nice fitting one that shows off your true shape is much more attractive than one that looks like you have stuffed them in and they are trying to escape :D

16. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I have big boobs, have always worn an underwired bra and they shouldn't allow you to bulge anywhere - get yourself back and tell them that the bra doesn't fit

I don't even get this problem with bras I have bought at Primark and paid £3 for!

17. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    I found M&S really good when I got measured last year. Like you Georgie, I'd never bothered with underwired bras when I was fat because I could never get them to fit properly. But now I wouldn't be without them! :D They make such a difference to how my clothes look on me. :D I went from a 40c to 36DD and my flesh never ever bulges out of the sides of the bras, I always make sure they're wide underneath the arms.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. shrinking violet

shrinking violet Full Member

Bras with boning at the sides are good (not all bras have it), while waiting for the area under the arm to shrink and firm up (as I currently am).

20. Kellie=]

Kellie=] Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I am a trained bra fitter for M&S and have been doing it for 4 years.
    I hate to say it but we are always trained to fit the bust into the bra and any spare skin/ hangover etc isnt our problem.
    If it fits you correctly and your bust is in it she has probably got the right size- jut try a different style bra. each one fits differently. stick with the size she gave u- its unlikely that shes wrong- but just try a different style!
    x

21. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Can anyone who has had a 'proper' bra fitting tell me what they should fit like?

I remember having a fitting a couple of years ago and was amazed at how tight they are supposed to be across the back - felt like it was strangling me. Now my sis reckons M&S say you shouldn't be able to get two fingers under the band between the cups. I've shied off a fitting at the mo as every time I've tried M&S it seems to be staffed by what look like 10 year olds and one of them told me they do the fit 'visually' and take into account your height. I asked what the basic calculation of the measurement for a bra is and she hadn't got a clue what I was talking about.

This totally put me off as it sounds like guessing to me. I've brought a couple of new bras but I'm not convinced I'm wearing the right size. I'm wearing a 34A. I've only got small boobs now and have always worn plunge bras and I feel like I'm being strangled if the band between the cups isn't narrow or if they cover the whole boob (you know, like Playtex cross your heart bras). I tend to like wonderbras and similar stuff.

I did look up an internet site recently and going on what that said I should take a 34AA but most High Street stores don't cater for that size.

Any advice?

22. Kellie=]

Kellie=] Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    To be fair I was only 16 when I started- and I dont really think it makes a difference how old you are as we all recieved the same trainining. I must have measured over 1000 women and not one has been wrong- but you still get those people who ask for somebody else as you are so young.
    the fact is, its really not rocket science and we know what we are doing.
    Marks and Spencer do measure visually and I have been there when the transition to measuring with a tape- visually happened and in my opinion its much more hygenic and effective.
    There was women complaining that they was being touched too much- the measuring tapes got dirty easily and quite frankly this way just covers their back.
    We are sent on a 3 day training course anually and have to meausre women of all shapes and sizes! It really isnt dependent on how old/ young the fitter is.
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.