Braces (teeth)?

lucylupin

My daughter has just had train track braces fitted, top and bottom, she is only able to eat soft food for a while till she gets used to them, i am struggling to come up with enough ideas of things to make for her, does anyone have any ideas please?

awww poor thing. lots of soups.

Some years ago my brother had his jaw broken by some idiots outside a nightclub that thought it might be nice to steal his mobile phone by knocking him out first. He had a titanium plate put in to his jaw to secure it and had to eat soft food for ages.

He ate an awful lot of mash and gravy, and ordinary food blitzed in a food processor. He was particularly fond of chippy sweet and sour chicken with rice all blitzed up. It looks REVOLTING, but apparently tastes just the same :D

oh and remember, give her plenty of ibuprofen type painkillers if she can have them (asthmatics need to be careful), they will help not so much with the pain but with any inflamation. paracetamol for the pain (and there WILL be pain) and get plenty of bongela or better still, Orajel in for sores which will appear inside the cheeks and lips.

I got mine off at 17. I had had them on for 3 and a half years. I still can't eat an apple without cutting it up lol!

finally I have a recipe for chcolate pudding as a pick-her-up, I'll send it in a PM if you want it. I don't want to post it publically as it's not SW friendly at all.

They get used to eating with them really quick, both my teenagers had them and they now have the most amazing teeth.

Lots of pasta, baked potates with soft fillings and soups are what my kids ate for a while, but they soon managed to eat just about anything and never ever broke their braces.

They get used to eating with them really quick, both my teenagers had them and they now have the most amazing teeth.

Lots of pasta, baked potates with soft fillings and soups are what my kids ate for a while, but they soon managed to eat just about anything and never ever broke their braces.

Thanks, we have to go back this week cos she has broke one bit of her teeth already!

Braces were the best diet i ever went on! I was 14 and I lived on pasta and yogurt for about a month until I could bite a bit of metal into its place (thus moving my teeth), trouble was, that bit of metal stopped my back teeth from meeting together to chew properly. I was crying I was so hungry!

Back