Brand new focus - 64lb gone...... 46lb to go.......

sarah-louise x

Silver Member
UPDATE - NOW DOING SLIMMING WORLD :)

Hi,

Some of you will recognise me from the many diets I have tried over the few years I have been on this site, I must of tried at least 10 different plans in that time. I am still fighting the same battle and I am currently 44lb less than when I started back in 2009 after the birth of my miracle son who is now over 4 years old!! I do however still have a long way to go!! 66lbs to be exact.

I lost the first 44lb by changing my habits, counting calories and working out but I was getting very disheartened when it all slowed down, as at that rate it will be another 5 years before I reach my goal!! That is not acceptable to me so after taking about a year out due to a knee injury, I am back on the sensible plan of diet and exercise but hopefully I now have better knowledge and determination to get me to my goal in a more realistic time frame.

Current Stats

• Where I started : Start weight in 2009 - 258lb = size 24/26 clothes
  • Where I am : Current weight Nov 2013 - 213lb = size 18 clothes
  • Where I am going: Goal weight - 147lb - size 10/12 clothes

The Plan

I will start with 1500 calories a day made up of good healthy foods, low fat, high protein with good carbs and split into 6 meals -

• Breakfast - 350 cals - 9:00am
  • Snack 1 - 100 cals - 11am
  • Lunch (main meal) - 500 cals - 1pm
  • Snack 2 - 100 cals - 3pm
  • Tea - 300 cals - 5pm
  • Snack 3 - 150 cals - 7pm

I will exercise 5-6 days a week doing cardio, starting at 60 min which I will increase gradual as my fitness improves. I have just joined a gym so I have an advisor called Michelle who is great!! I am really looking forward to getting going with the exercise properly week commencing 18th November 2013 as she is currently devising a plan for me based on my fit test. As I increase the exercise, I may need to increase my calories too, especially when I start to incorporate weights. So I will address this as and when required and will listen to my body and what it needs. I am also attending an 8 week course with a nutritionist who I am sure will give me fab advice, this commences the week beginning 25th November 2013. Extra calories will be added in the form of protein and carefully placed good carbs to get me through my training as it intensifies. I will be also making a conscious effort to be more active in general :)

My fit test results were good, however I was told that my body fat is really high and needs to come down as it is currently registering at 45% which was a shock! But I have to start some where, and its here and now!! I cant wait to see my progress and changes. My fit test will be repeated in 8 weeks time.

I will also be looking into taking some supplements to assist with my fat loss such as fat burners which research tells me could benefit me if used in conjunction with my plan.

I will be ensuring I keep hydrating and will be drinking at least 2 litres of water every day but hope to get that to 3 litres as my exercise increases.

Lastly, Sleep!!! I know how important rest is and will be making sure I get a good nights sleep every night. I know my body well and I know I need 9 hours. I am expecting this to change as I get fitter :)

Well, there is my plan :) Its not set in stone and I am fully prepared to make changes as I go along but I need to have a strong starting point, and this is it :)

I look forward to updating my diary as I go and getting to make some new friends on here too :)

Thank you for reading, I hope I haven't bored anyone and Please feel free to subscribe as I really do need all the help and support I can get and sure will do my best to offer that back :)

Sarah xx

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,

Here to subscribe! Looks like you've done a fantastic job so far with losing weight! If you have a smart phone you may want to look at myfitnesspal app, I use this and it's brilliant for keeping a track of your calories. If you do download the app I shall add you as a friend x

Hiya,

Thank you!! And you too!! I used to use MFP but I use a different site now called food focus which I love. Besides, my phone storage is rubbish and I cant have many apps unfortunately :( But Im always on here :) How was your weigh in? x

Brand new focus - 47lb gone...... 63lb to go.......

I'm here to cheer you along and support you!! Go girl!!! Xx

Hi, Aw thank you!! Big well done to you!!! Did you lose all yours with calorie counting? You look amazing!! x

I'm here to cheer you along and support you!! Go girl!!! Xx

Brand new focus - 47lb gone...... 63lb to go.......

Huge congrats on the Huge weight loss. That's amazing! I am sure you will reach your goal!!

Hi, Thank you so much!! I am determined to get to that goal lol x

Huge congrats on the Huge weight loss. That's amazing! I am sure you will reach your goal!!

I have just had the most tastiest dinner!! I had a small crustless quiche, 1/3 pack of microwave uncle bens Mexican rice, with a side salad and spoon of coleslaw followed by a shape hazelnut and chocolate desert - delicious and for under 500 calories!! :) Stuffed and now going to enjoy a quiet hour before I collect my son from school with a nice cup of tea and the just out latest edition of Body Fit magazine :) x

Hi, Aw thank you!! Big well done to you!!! Did you lose all yours with calorie counting? You look amazing!! x

Hi, thanks so much! Yes after a lifetime of being overweight.. And I mean almost 43 years!! And trying every different diet known to man., weird wonderful and some just ridiculous!
I quit the madness and just started counting calories and exercising. Eat less, move more.
So simple yet so effective.
I've lost more than 5 stone and would like to lose a bit more but to be honest I'm happy as I am and have maintained for over a year so am content at the moment, but may push for a bit more in the new year.
Well done on your healthy approach. Remember life is for living and food is a pleasure. Enjoy this journey xx

Hiya,

Thank you!! And you too!! I used to use MFP but I use a different site now called food focus which I love. Besides, my phone storage is rubbish and I cant have many apps unfortunately :( But Im always on here :) How was your weigh in? x

I shall keep popping by as I log in to here most days :) I actually maintained this week which I was a bit disappointed with but I am on my second fast day today this week so shall see what the scales say on Monday and also will measure my waist again x

Hiya,

Sorry for delay in getting back on here and updating, Iv had an awful migraine for the last 4 days but its slowly clearing now.

Weigh in wise......very disappointing as I gained a pound!!! I didn't expect that at all so I think I will have to have a re think as 1200 calories clearly is too low for me I think! So maybe try 1500 calories and continue with being more active.

Ideally, I really want to join a gym again as I really miss going, the variation and meeting people and getting good advice. And of course it helps keep me focused more too....So I may be looking into that to :)

xx

Hi here to subscribe!! I'm here to loose 2 1/2 st to get me to my goal weight of 10st!!! I've given myself a goal of the end if next March as I'm going to see The Wanted ahhhh and I thought this is a good focus point!!
I'm on 1200 calories a day and try to go gym 2/3 times a week! Having a 2 1/2 year old I am constantly on the go!!

Good luck look forward to seeing your progress x

35lbs to goal :-(((

Hi here to subscribe!! I'm here to loose 2 1/2 st to get me to my goal weight of 10st!!! I've given myself a goal of the end if next March as I'm going to see The Wanted ahhhh and I thought this is a good focus point!!
I'm on 1200 calories a day and try to go gym 2/3 times a week! Having a 2 1/2 year old I am constantly on the go!!

Good luck look forward to seeing your progress x 35lbs to goal :-(((

Hiya.

Ah thank you :) Its no easy task is it!! But yes I can see how The Wanted could help to keep on track lol. I have a 4 yr old so I get the run around when hez at home too. Your goal is in sight, Im sure with all that you are doing it will come down before you know it!! I look forward to seeing how you get on :)

Heres to losing 100lb between us!!! :)

xx

Hi everyone,

In case no one see's, I have just updated my OP to state that my calories will be 1500-1800 a day depending on exercise and that I have now joined a gym :) With this comes an instructor who did a fit test for me which was all good but for the body fat being 45% so I need to get that down!! She is currently doing me a plan which I will get on Tuesday but its my understanding that this will be 80% cardio and 20% weights and will total an hour 3-5 days a week. She will also recommend some classes for me to take part in, which I have never done before so that should be interesting lol. My fit test will be repeated in 8 wks time. I also have a nutritionist giving me an 8 wk course which starts the following tuesday, which Im sure will be of great interest and I cant wait!!

I hope youre all doing great and I will pop back to update soon :) xx

Hi,

Things are going great so far and Im on plan :) I now have my work out programme which consists of 60 min HIIT 3 days a week, and she would also like me to add in some classes. On top of this I am also doing so weight training and swimming on the other days but keeping sunday as my rest day. I do really ache from working out but its to be expected as its been a while. The only issue I do have is cramp!!! This comes at any time of day or night and always in my legs, mainly my calf....OUCH!!

Diet wise - im managing to get my 1500 calories as planned and this seems to be made up as 50% carbs, 35% protein and 15% fat. I would like to switch the carb and protein around as I increase my weight training but as fat loss is my focus Im not too concerned just now.

I had my blood test done today to see what my cholestrol is as its not been done in over 10 years so Im interested to see what that comes back as. Im guessing it takes 2 weeks for that so I will update when I get it.

Still early days on this plan but Im really please with how my week is going so far :) xx

Hi,

Had weigh in today and Im down 3 lb :D:D so very pleased with this. I was hoping for a reasonable loss as I can really feel it in my clothes and just in general of how I feel :D

Cramp has now cleared up which I am REALLY pleased about and the work out programme is all on track still with HIIT x 60 min x 3 days and swimming x 30 lengths x 2 days + weight training which I do before swimming on one day, and after swimming on the other just to keep things mixed up and keep my body guessing and then walking at weekends with generally being more active. Its all starting to pay off :D

Cholestrol results are in too.....4.5 so another great result :D

I hope everyone is having a fab week too and I will be back to update :D

Thanks for reading x

Congrats on the loss! :D

Thank you ladies, much appreciated :)

So a well over due update.......

I have not been to the gym as much or eaten as well as I should these last 10 days or so due to a severe migraine attack...mine last up to 16 days, but I am back on track now which is the main thing. I am looking forward to having my exercise adjusted as I am now used to my current workout plan and I cant wait to change my gym membership in New year to allow me to go evenings and wknds as Im finding I miss it at wknds!

I have also noticed my fitness is much improved already too so its all good :) xx

Last edited:
WHOOP WHOOP - Pre christmas weigh in and I have lost another 2lb so very pleased with this :) l

Just to wish you all a very happy christmas!!! :) xx

Last edited:
Back