Brand Spanking Newbie

dreamslim

Silver Member
Joined WW yesterday after being a long term slimming worldy but figure I need something with a bit more control that helps me manage my portion size. I've joined online so am finding everything a bit overwhelming.

Hi ya dreamslim!

I used to be on slimming world and got to target earlier this year and then piled it all back on again... silly me!

Anyway, I joined WW last Thursday so I have my first WI tonight. I've really enjoyed WW and have loved the feeling of not being so restricted with what I eat so fingers crossed the scales will be kind to me tonight!

I'm also a newbie trying to get my head around it all! Got all the books at home so trying to do it without going to meetings, I'm finding this site a big help. X

Should I find a class to go to? I wanted to do it from home but I'm starting to think that that's not going to be possible as I don't have any of the books to get started.

I've just had look on eBay you can get them all on there cheapish and also a cd rom with all the details on for around £3-£4. I'm on day 3 and finding it good so far. X

Mummyb33 said:
I've just had look on eBay you can get them all on there cheapish and also a cd rom with all the details on for around £3-£4. I'm on day 3 and finding it good so far. X

Awww, brill, thanks mummy, I'll have to have a nose at that then. Xx

Hello! I've recently came back onto minimins started ww back in June but ive had a good 3 weeks off so weight loss has been non existent lately! I'm also doing it at home.

Xx

Welcome to the club! Even if you're doing it online you can still get the support you need. During weeks I can't make it to meetings I find that I get the encouragement I need on the boards both at WW and here. I love that the plan is non-restrictive, it works really well for me and I love having variety. I can still eat out and lose weight, it's great! Good luck! :)

hi ladies, i to am i newbie i joined a class last night with a friend on mine!
i was doing Slimming World from home, it worked for a while but then i stopped losing! i need a diet with portion control and i also dint go to Slimming World meetings!
My friend and i have been trying to diet for a while and yesterday jus decided to bite the bullet and go to a Weight Watchers meeting! i had a lil cry when my lady weighed me but she made me feel amazing! i told her i am getting married in August next year and she told me i was beautiful at what ever size but she will make sure im smaller and i jus instantley fell in love with going to group! i last night let the OH ave control of the tele while i sat and got my head round the pack i was given! i was worried i would get my head arouns the pro points but i think i have......
So i am here if you girls wanna chat a ll about good day bad days what ever and sharing recipes?
have a good day xxxxx

hi ladies, i to am i newbie i joined a class last night with a friend on mine!
i was doing Slimming World from home, it worked for a while but then i stopped losing! i need a diet with portion control and i also dint go to Slimming World meetings!
My friend and i have been trying to diet for a while and yesterday jus decided to bite the bullet and go to a Weight Watchers meeting! i had a lil cry when my lady weighed me but she made me feel amazing! i told her i am getting married in August next year and she told me i was beautiful at what ever size but she will make sure im smaller and i jus instantley fell in love with going to group! i last night let the OH ave control of the tele while i sat and got my head round the pack i was given! i was worried i would get my head arouns the pro points but i think i have......
So i am here if you girls wanna chat a ll about good day bad days what ever and sharing recipes?
have a good day xxxxx

Now I recognise that pretty face!! I dont think I've ever come across somebody I actually know on here!! I'll switch my picture back so you know who this actually is lol

I joined WW last week and had my first WI last night. I lost 2st 12.5lbs on SW but piled it all back on again :wave_cry:. I've lost it all once, I can do it again!! x

Now I recognise that pretty face!! I dont think I've ever come across somebody I actually know on here!! I'll switch my picture back so you know who this actually is lol

I joined WW last week and had my first WI last night. I lost 2st 12.5lbs on SW but piled it all back on again :wave_cry:. I've lost it all once, I can do it again!! x

haha hiya hun!! how r u!!

WOW thats loads u lost, ur tiny already! are u finding WW better?
i lost just over a stone on SW and then its gone back on i dnt think i liked the no control over portion sizes! i joined a WW club last night with one of my friends and first day done i am enjoying it! Although i havent used all my points does that matter?!

i have wanted to lose weight for ages and with the wedding next yr i have to do this lol!

look forward t talkin to u, so glad someone i no is on here wohoo haha!
xxx

p.s and weldone on the first weeks weight lose!xxxx

Last edited:
SammieAnn87 said:
haha hiya hun!! how r u!!

WOW thats loads u lost, ur tiny already! are u finding WW better?
i lost just over a stone on SW and then its gone back on i dnt think i liked the no control over portion sizes! i joined a WW club last night with one of my friends and first day done i am enjoying it! Although i havent used all my points does that matter?!

i have wanted to lose weight for ages and with the wedding next yr i have to do this lol!

look forward t talkin to u, so glad someone i no is on here wohoo haha!
xxx

p.s and weldone on the first weeks weight lose!xxxx

Well I got to target on SW but piled every single pound right back on again. Silly hey! I've only been on ww a week but I like the flexibility of being able to eat what I like plus its teaching me about portion control

Congrats, when are you getting married? I'd love to have our wedding day all over again, it was the happiest day of my life!!!

Last week I are all my daily points but today I have 6 left and I've already had a crunchie! I have contemplated having a glass of wine but I know 1 glass will turn into a bottle!!!!!

It's nice to know somebody on here!!! x

Well I got to target on SW but piled every single pound right back on again. Silly hey! I've only been on ww a week but I like the flexibility of being able to eat what I like plus its teaching me about portion control

Congrats, when are you getting married? I'd love to have our wedding day all over again, it was the happiest day of my life!!!

Last week I are all my daily points but today I have 6 left and I've already had a crunchie! I have contemplated having a glass of wine but I know 1 glass will turn into a bottle!!!!!

It's nice to know somebody on here!!! x

but it doesnt matter if u dont have them all?
were gettin married friday 16th august :) i am so excited i cant wait! u looked gawjus on ur weddin day! hows Jonny?
i am jus trying to gey my head around it coz it is so different from SW and i have had 2 stop myself today thinkin about what i would do on SW!!!
xxx

SammieAnn87 said:
but it doesnt matter if u dont have them all?
were gettin married friday 16th august :) i am so excited i cant wait! u looked gawjus on ur weddin day! hows Jonny?
i am jus trying to gey my head around it coz it is so different from SW and i have had 2 stop myself today thinkin about what i would do on SW!!!
xxx

Awww thank you!

I am exactly the same! What I've eaten today is pretty much what I would have had on SW yet I've only had 20pp and I still have 6pp left. I've even had a crunchie with my 20pp!

They do encourage you to eat all your dailies...

Whereabouts are you getting married? x

Awww thank you!

I am exactly the same! What I've eaten today is pretty much what I would have had on SW yet I've only had 20pp and I still have 6pp left. I've even had a crunchie with my 20pp!

They do encourage you to eat all your dailies...

Whereabouts are you getting married? x

i am trying to eat them i am jus not hungry lol so i dunno wanna jus eat for the sake of it u no?
In tong! just a hotel wedding dint want a church jus a good piss up lol! Lucas cnt sit still for 5 minutes so a church wud of been 2 long haha!
i have a freddo i love freddo! how many pp is a crunchie?xx

We got married in a hotel too... Oooooo I'm excited for you!

A crunchie is only 5pp!! Not bad for a proper chocolate bar! I know what you mean about eating for the sake of it x

Back