Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Bread and HEb question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Tab, 25 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Tab

Tab Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.61%)
    I try not to buy bread but when Im out I usually end up getting a sandwich because its easier to syn than something like soup which could be ok or could be full of cream.
    Thing is thats normally when I fall off the SW wagon and stop synning stuff as I get confused.
    Please can someone explain just how I should be synning bread. I usually do EE and if I have a wholemeal bread ham sandwich would syn it at Ham free, Butter/marg 5.5 syns and bread at 4 syns a slice making 13.5 but I think I could use some of the bread as a HEB so would that leave me as using 2 syns on bread?
    Im sure I was told that if I was using bread as a HEB I should count 6syns and a HEB but thats more than the bread to begin with.....

Im really confused can you tell :rolleyes:
    Thank you
    love
    Tab

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sparkylarky

sparkylarky Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.72%)
    Diet:
    sw
    According to the book, if you choose a ready-made sandwich with wholemeal bread, you can count the bread as healthy extra and deduct 6 syns from the value of your sandwich.

4. Tab

Tab Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.61%)
    Ahhh so thats where the 6 syns comes in lol.
    Its off the total sandwich not as well as a HEB
    That makes a lot more sense
    So my total sandwich is 13.5 syns OR heb and 7.5 syns
    Thank you
    love
    Tab

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.