Bread and HEb question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Tab, 25 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Tab

Tab Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.61%)
    I try not to buy bread but when Im out I usually end up getting a sandwich because its easier to syn than something like soup which could be ok or could be full of cream.
    Thing is thats normally when I fall off the SW wagon and stop synning stuff as I get confused.
    Please can someone explain just how I should be synning bread. I usually do EE and if I have a wholemeal bread ham sandwich would syn it at Ham free, Butter/marg 5.5 syns and bread at 4 syns a slice making 13.5 but I think I could use some of the bread as a HEB so would that leave me as using 2 syns on bread?
    Im sure I was told that if I was using bread as a HEB I should count 6syns and a HEB but thats more than the bread to begin with.....

Im really confused can you tell :rolleyes:
    Thank you
    love
    Tab

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sparkylarky

sparkylarky Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.72%)
    Diet:
    sw
    According to the book, if you choose a ready-made sandwich with wholemeal bread, you can count the bread as healthy extra and deduct 6 syns from the value of your sandwich.

4. Tab

Tab Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.61%)
    Ahhh so thats where the 6 syns comes in lol.
    Its off the total sandwich not as well as a HEB
    That makes a lot more sense
    So my total sandwich is 13.5 syns OR heb and 7.5 syns
    Thank you
    love
    Tab

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.