breakfast and Acid Reflux

Hi All

ive recently been diagnosed with acid reflux and stress IBS ( so if stressed, i have IBS symptoms)

i love fruit and im starting to realise certain fruits gives me belly ache and sickness feeling so citrus fruits and grapes thats are on my no no list for now:eek:

just wondering if anyone else suffer from this and what foods you have for breakfast. i dont want to always want to choose bread

i know i could make a omolet ........but any ideas welcome

ive looked through the breakfast thread and everyone seems to have fruit and yogurt :cry:

I just read an article on yahoo about ibs and it said soluble fiber over insoluble, so advised oats, banana, strawberry, apples and not bran,wheat bran, brown rice and wholegrain bread. Im going to go with magic porridge and banana for a week and see if this helps.
IBS: 'Don't suffer in silence'

Hi Hun .... I haves lived with this for YEARS ... I went to docs 4 weeks ago and he gave me this tablet for every day and like magic I am no longer being bothered with acid reflux !!!

I'm not a fan of medication but this means I don't need to avoid things to eat

A x

I've been getting stomach cramps but i've yet to work out what kicks it off! - is it all fruit? I quite like baked apples with a tbsp of mincemeat - feels a bit christmasy and really nice with some vanilla yogurt and can be a hexb.

I am a porridge fan too, not magic porridge but proper porridge made with oats (35g) and water in the micro for 2mins 30sec. Then I add a little of my milk allowance.If you have time say at a weekend, why not have bacon, egg, mushrooms, toms for a lovely full English. Hope you feel better soon. I also have a problem with fresh pineapple, gives me terrible stomach problems and cramps.

Back