Attack Breakfast ideas and snacks

Vampyra

I am just about to start on Dukan having bought the recipe book last week. However it doesnt state what to have for breakfasts or snacks or give any meal plan ideas apart from the principles of pp only on attack and a list of protein foods. However after a quick browse on here i noticed some ppl were having yogurts for breakfast.

i leave the house at 7.15 to drive to work. I do not get chance to drink a cup of tea at work so snacking may be difficult and my half hour lunch is spent helping a disabled person to have lunch so i get about ten minutes lunch break if lucky! If were at meetings we dont always get lunch! I get home around 6pm or later ifmeetings overrun. So i need fastfood iykwim.

any ideas for quick breakfasts i can poss make night before or whatbest make yogurts etcand what i could eat cold at lunch would be great.

many thanks for your help.
Pvamps

Hi welcome to the dukan way of life LOL, you'll soon get used to it.

Part of the diet is that you MUST have oatbran every day 1.5tbsp on Attack and 2tbsp on Cruise. you can also use wheatbran from cruise, it mentions it in the book.
I use half the bran allowances every morning to make my porridge and then I have a bowl of yogurt. LF Smart Price oens from asda was the first ones I bought, but I now make my own. Lots of people use different ones, but you must avoid the fruit ones, muller are too full of sugars....buy plain and sweeten and flavour it yourself.

I don't snack between meals, as I find the protein fills me up a lot and ican last quite a while with the meals I have.

For pack lunches, try things like chicken strips, boiled eggs, make the dukan bread or muffins with oatbran (I use the other half of my allowances for that). In cruise you can have poultry sausages (2 a day as a tolerated) I make my bread and have sausage sandwiches. Beef sandwiches, or soliders with my eggs. I don't work full time so I have my meals at home, but if you have a microwave at home, pre prepare....my fave is omlette rolls. I use two eggs and make three very thin omlletes. Spread a bit of quark on them like butter, then layer slices of meal and rollup. Also nice with the sausages inside. On PV days I put lettuce and turkey rashers in them..........so yum.

Plan your menu in advance, esp for shopping.

I buy
From Asda: Chicken, Turkey Rashers, Turkey Sausages, SP Cottage Cheese, Quark, Beef
From Farm Foods: Chicken fillets, Fish, Crabsticks,
From Aldi: Beef Mince (not totally lean, but I drain and wash), Chicken Fillets are cheaper here, UHT Milk for yogurts, Skim milk powder, Beef , Eggs,

Look on here and google for recipes, there are thousands to choose from, and if you are unsure about a product...make a note of the nutrional values and ask on here.

As a rule, less than 2g per 100g for dairy / less than 5g per 100g for meats (mince tends to be higher and unless you are rich, have to make do with draining).

Puddings tend to be yogurts, SF jelly (pack made up) Muffins and an adaptation for mug cake (recipe on here)

I have crabsticks / just like tails / prawns / mussells as my supper snacks, if I am hungry.

Hope any of that helps.

Back