Breakfast muffins recipe for you

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by ClaireLR, 19 June 2009.

1. ClaireLR

ClaireLR Well-Known Member

Hi. I started weightwatchers again last week and lost 3 pounds this week :)

I thought I would share this recipe with you for breakfast muffins. You need a mug to measure the ingredients, the recipe makes 12 muffins and each muffin is 3 points. They're great if like me you don't like to eat breakfast as soon as you get up in the morning as you can take these with you.

1 mug of All-bran
    1 mug of dried fruit (I used sultanas)
    1 mug of sugar
    1 mug of milk
    1 mug of self raising flour

Place the All bran, fruit, milk and sugar in a bowl and stir well. Place in the fridge overnight to allow the all bran to soak up the milk. Next day add the self raising flour (No need to sieve) and stir well. Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake at around 140 degrees for 40 mins (this was for a fan assisted oven so please vary if using a normal oven).

Hope you like them!
  2. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Well-Known Member

these sound great

how many points would they be without the fruit?

im a plain kinda gal hehe

3. ClaireLR

ClaireLR Well-Known Member

Oh I'm not to sure! I weighed all the ingredients and wrote it all down but then threw the bit of paper away. I think the fruit on the scales was 14.5 points so taking that away I would think they would then be 2 points each (ish).

4. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Well-Known Member

thanks very much

will give it a shot and point it based on the measurements