Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

breakfast

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by clairex, 8 January 2009 Social URL.

1. clairex

clairex Silver Member

I've never really eaten breakfast, and im struggling on finding things to eat that i like - i tried weetabix this morning and thought it was horrible! Just wondering what everyone has for breakfast? Low in syns and tastes nice?

Thanks!! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    it depends on your day but my favs are
    melon with other fruits and mueller light - syn free
    crunchy bran (42g hexb) and a banana and some sweetener and milk

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Hi, luckily I do like my breakfast but have you tried porridge? I find it fills me up for a good while and you can use sweetener or syn some raisins or honey or something. How about banana and yoghurt for a syn/HE free breakfast? Weekends I have eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes etc but sadly I don't have time for this in the week else i'd have it every day!! Good luck finding something you like! Jay x

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    On a Red Day, I would have Oat so Simple sachet (HeB), 2 weetabix (HeB), 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HeB) with bacon, boiled eggs and tomato, poached eggs on toast, fruit salad, scrambled eggs and bacon....the list goes on!!!
    On a Green Day:
    Baked beans, fried potatoes, mushrooms, quorn sausages, egg - all syn free
    I am limited on my Green ideas, as I only have 1-2 a week!
    Hope this helps though!

Kerry-Ann

6. clairex

clairex Silver Member

thanks guys! you're all a massive help xx

7. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Some mornings I have a 2 egg omelette, it keeps me going till lunchtime whereas cereal leaves me peckish by 10.30

8. Bev1963

Bev1963 Likes to Post

I work full-time so I make an omelette the night before. I fry frozen onion and frozed mixed peppers in fry light and add 2 eggs. I then cool this and put it in the fridge, take it to work the next morning and warm it for 50 secs in the microwave - delicious.

Bev

9. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooo thats a good idea Bev! Think I may give that a try tomorrow as I work full time too!

10. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Wow. I'd never have thought of doing that with an omlette! I'm another full timer, with a 20 mile drive there and back, so every little time saving thing helps!

For brekkie I have an odd concoction, but it really keeps me going til lunch. I have a chopped, hard boiled egg mixed through cottage cheese, then I have 2 x Aldi optifit yogs, and a cup of tea. Sets me up for the day that does!

11. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I can't eat full english as the thought turns my stomach first thing in a morning - although round about 11 o'clock I'd have your hand off lol.
    I love 28g of Fruit and Fibre mixed with a muller or activia fat free.
    For work I sometimes take a couple of cold quorn bramley apple sausages, heat them through in the mic and make the into a sandwich with a piece of wholemeal toast and some brown sauce (1 syn per tbsp). Also on a green day rice pudding is nice, boil some pudding rice and add sweetener (this does me) or if you feel it needs something more then once it's cooled a little add a muller light - the vanilla is good with it.
    As has been mentioned porridge is nice too, add some blueberries or banana if you don't like it plain.

12. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Diet:
    Anything
    I usually have ready brek with raisins or a yougurt and a alpen light bar.

13. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but not attending classes - done it before and revisiting!)
    Excellent idea - never thought of doing of that and I have them a lot - with baked beans on a green day and bacon on a red day.

Fruit and yoghurt is quick and easy or sometimes I just use one of my healthy A&B and have Nimble wholemeal toast with Laughing Cow cheese

14. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

i work full time too but i work 12 til 8 so i have scrambled egg for my breakfast or an omelette as i have spare time in the morning

or a bacon sandwich on a red day

xxx

15. Annie68

Annie68 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I also never ate breakfast before SW. Some days I still struggle, so will generally go for an Aldi optifit museli or strawberry yogurt or two. Sometimes I might have 2 slices of Nimble malted danish bread (1x HexB) with marmalade (syns)

16. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    Before SW I used to eat toast or a huuuge bowl of cereal, now I just eat either a muller light or a Shape 'feel fuller for longer' (which are soooo creamy and amazing!) and both these yoghurts are syn free! I don't get hungry until about midday (eat breakfast at 8am) and then I have a snack at 12 and then another at about 2pm... so I break my lunch up into 2 so that I don't feel empty by the end of the day...

17. blondie1987

blondie1987 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have 28g honey nut shreddies,(heb) with very low fat yog,or muller light yog and chopped banana, yum xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.