Breast feeding and CC

parfittaroles

Silver Member
Just wondering if anyone knew what the minimum amount of calories you should have when bf? I've looked at a few websites & the answers seem to range from 1400 to 2400! If anyone could narrow that down I'd be super grateful!

Hmmmmmm, I would work out what your BMR is and stick to that. You'll be using extra calories anyway just through the wonders of breastfeeding but I wouldnt go below what your body needs just in case it affects your milk. The last thing you want is an upset bubba who has been swapped from Silver top booby juice to red top!
Hope that helps xxx

I think you need about extra 500 calories but may be wrong . I used to have two hundred extra when my son was down to three feeds per day.

My midwife told me 100-150 extra calories per feed. So it depends on the age of the baby. I lost loads doing that and my milk stay pretty good believe it or not by having chocolate for the extra calories

I am 5ft 3 and was ten stone 2 poinds and was bf my son who was also on solids. I'd have about 1800 calories in total don't go too low. Well done for breastfeeding X

Thank you ladies :) I think I'll stick to 1600. I'm desperate to lose weight for a friends wedding but obviously don't want to dry up :) x

Well done with your weightloss so far. x x

I did +500 when exclusive, +400 when we started (BLW) and now I have an extra +300 - she's 9 months. So I have 1500 a day but then that's me doing minimum (1200) a day plus bf which equals my BMR?! She's gaining & sleeping so assuming that's right anyway :) I've lost 4st doing that so I'm quite happy with it!

when would you drop to 200 extra, at +1yr?

Back