breast issues

twit twoo

not sure i have written anything quite so personal on a forum but not sure were else to go. I bought a new cossie on friday for my holiday and when i was trying it on thats when i found it . cant say its a lump as i thought it may be but more like a hard mass, not painful and doesnt move around. I cannot get to the gp till tuesday and although my hubby has been fantastic he doesnt really know what to do or say. Ive told my 3 close friends and the look on their face said it all, now i feel like im just getting their pity (i know its not really like that) so i was just wondering if anyone has been through this and it turned out to be nothing or even if it turned out to be something. Im at the gp tues but a bit worried in 1 what they will do and 2 when because i fly out on saturday to the canaries

sorry for the depressing post

It is not a depressing post !!! This is Off Topic so almost anything goes.

Right........... I found a mass in my breast 10 years ago. It was cancer. I had all the treatment, the whole 9 miles......operation, chemo and radiotherapy. I came out the other side and am still here to tell the story. In total I had 5 years of treatment and have lived to tell you my story.

For every lump that is a malignant cancer 8 are not. So the odds are excellent. Take comfort in that. There are so many reasons for lumpy breasts.

If you are one of the unlucky ones, which is highly unlikely, todays treatment is fantastic and the survival rates are extremely high.

When you see your doctor on Tuesday, he will probably refer you for a biopsy. This is standard procedure so do not panic.

The waiting game is so hard, but try very hard to focus on something else. Easier said than done I know.

Thirdly............ if your doctor thinks from an examination that it is not urgent for you to have a further look at your breast he will ask for an appointment for you after your holiday.

Please let me know how you get on and take confidence from my well being and happiness,

hugs xxxxx

Hi hun, didn't want to read and run. Can't help really with what they will do, I hope it is nothing and you will be ok. What I can tell you is last year mum had skin cancer diagnosed , it was melanoma, and she was due to go holiday but was told that they would operate and she was advised not to go. It has sad for her but she got her money back through travel insurance and at the end of the day health comes first. Hope you don't have to hear that though xx

Thank you, I'm at the docs in half an hour so fingers crossed. Not sure what I'm expecting to happen to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there. Just read through your thread and hoping all went well with the docs. Sending hugs. (((hugs))). :)

Would be nice to know if you re o.k. xx

how are you?

I think we are wasting our time and concern.

Even if it was not good news, though from my experience you have to see the oncologist and have certain tests before you know, it would have been the correct thing to do to let us know...........but hey ho, it isn't the first time it has happened on here and it will not be the last.

Never-the-less I hope all is well for you.

Thanks for your concern , if you must know they couldn't refer me as yet as I was due to go on holiday that week, so had to ring up from the holiday on Friday and the referral was sent through Will be seen within two weeks. Not sure when this site became so nasty though but don't worry I will plod through this you won't have to waste your time anymore !

hey i just read this thread, i found a lump a few years back and was scared out of my mind. I got checked out and it turned out i actually had 4 lumps, i had only felt one. but they turned out just to be cysts and went away of their own accord.

its pointless telling you not to panic as its exactly what anyone would do, but try to enjoy your holiday and know that the vast majority of lumps are harmless, and those that arent - the vast majority of them are curable.

dont feel the site is nasty because of one post. i would imagine you have had other things on your mind than posting on this forum. there are many here who will be supportive, focus on those ones :)

All the best, have a great holiday, and good luck with your tests
x

Thanks for your concern , if you must know they couldn't refer me as yet as I was due to go on holiday that week, so had to ring up from the holiday on Friday and the referral was sent through Will be seen within two weeks. Not sure when this site became so nasty though but don't worry I will plod through this you won't have to waste your time anymore !

I think it's probably more a case of you posted looking for help / support with a potentially serious issue and got it from several members concerned about you but didn't reply. You had a long response from someone who has clearly fought cancer and won and didn't reply or even acknowledge them. Cancer is a sensitive and emotive subject, I would imagine even more so for someone that's been through it.

What a shame that you think anyone was nasty and not genuinely concerned especially myself as tomorrow I see the doctor again and on Thursday I have an "extra " mammogram as concern for me is great after having gone through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation and am possibly facing it again.

The ladies on this site are a wonderful bunch and those that responded to you were really concerned. The least you could have done was let them know what had happened. After all it is good manners, nothing more.

As a cancer patient and up to now a survivor , I wish you all the best.

I think it's probably more a case of you posted looking for help / support with a potentially serious issue and got it from several members concerned about you but didn't reply. You had a long response from someone who has clearly fought cancer and won and didn't reply or even acknowledge them. Cancer is a sensitive and emotive subject, I would imagine even more so for someone that's been through it.

You are so right and so perceptive. I can not begin to explain to you how much that response has upset me especially with what is facing me this week. My concern was genuine,

What a shame that you think anyone was nasty and not genuinely concerned especially myself as tomorrow I see the doctor again and on Thursday I have an "extra " mammogram as concern for me is great after having gone through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation and am possibly facing it again.

As a cancer patient and up to now a survivor , I wish you all the best.

Fillymum hope all goes well this week.
My mum is a breast cancer survivor of 25years now,so sending lots of positive thoughts your way. xxx

As said earlier I couldn't reply I was on holiday have only been able to organise since I got back and then I updated

As said earlier I couldn't reply I was on holiday have only been able to organise since I got back and then I updated

That wasn't how it seemed from your posts as one seems to say you were at docs in half an hour. People were posting out of concern and it is frustrating when you give energy and time to posters who then don't return to threads. It seems that you had reasons for not posting and that you weren't one of the many that don't reply to people who are genuinely caring.
I would say that everyone who posted on this thread was worried and hoping you were well and still wish you the best with the situation.

Back