Breastfeeding and WW

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by ThinLizzy, 21 June 2009 Social URL.

1. ThinLizzy

ThinLizzy Wants to be a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi All,

I used to post on here a long time ago, but I doubt if anyone remembers me to be honest!
    Anyway I have just had a baby :D and put on 5 stone in the process :mad: so am looking to restart WW. I have previously lost over 3 stone on it in the past.
    I am told I can have an extra 10 points as am exclusively Breastfeeding, but then I have heard that some people havent lost weight when doing that. i dont want to lose too much at a time as i dont want it to affect my milk obviously. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this and what happened? thanks all xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    I am breastfeeding exclusively and following WW - I started 3 weeks ago and did 1 week faststart (24 points if breastfeeding) and now I am on 32 points (ten extra for breastfeeding) - I lost 2 lbs the first week and 2 the second week so it seems nice and steady and hasn't affected my milk at all - if anything I would say it is much more nutritious because I am eating lots more fruit and veg than I do normally:) I have introduced one bottle of formula so if my weightloss stops I will just drop a couple of points per day.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.