Breastfeeding

Sooty7

A bit confused! CD and LL seem to be basically the same diet, but on LL it is okay to do SS while breastfeeing as long as your baby is also weaned onto solids (i.e. your breast milk is not the baby's only source of nutrition). On CD it seems that breastfeeding is totally contra-indicated. Anybody know why this is? :confused:

Why are women who are pregnant or breast feeding advised not to use the Cambridge Diet?
Pregnant and lactating women can use the Cambridge Diet as a nutritional supplement but not as their sole source of nutrition, because they may need more nutrients than other people.

Source: Medical Queries

cambridge company history

I am not a CDC so don't know anymore than what is stated above.

Love Mini xxx

I don't know about LL as I did CD, but ultimately if you are breastfeeding then you are providing ALL the nutrition to your baby, and there is no way you should limit your intake of food/calories (beyond a sensible level) as you would start restricting what you child is receiving, and may affect their health and wellbeing.

I would be VERY surprised if LL allowed SSing whilst breastfeeding though.

TBH even WW etc. tell you to have an extra 300 cals a day to make sure you have adequate nutrition.

LL do say that it is perfectly okay to be breastfeeding while doing SS as long as breastmilk is not the baby's only source of nourishment.

Not sure what to do as my LO is over a year old, and still feeds morning and night and I can't really see an end in sight (not that I am in any hurry to finish feeding). LO is a very good eater and has a wide and varied diet, probably just feeds as a comfort (nothing wrong with that though) and not keen to take formula or cows milk.

LL is so much more expensive than CD though for what seems to be basically the same diet. Has anyone else had this dilemma?

Back