Bring it on....round 2!

TheCookieMonster

Padlocking the cookie jar
Hello fellow Exantees!

Well seeing as TheCookieMonster is back on exante and minimis, she needs a diary to keep her on the straight and narrow.

To cut a long story short , I've struggled with my weight for many years , having had SPD during pregnancy l put on a huge amount of weight, going from a size 10/12 to a size 24 and weighed in at nearly 130kgs. About 3 years ago l decided that enough was enough and decided to give exante a go. With the help of exante and the amazing support of the minimins community, l managed to get down to a size 12 & a weight of 74kg. In the last 2 years I have had a few health problems and l have used them as an excuse to let myself go a bit & fall back into bad habits of using food as an emotional crutch. l have now hit 90kgs and decided to do something about it before l put back all of the weight that I Worked so hard to lose. l am armed with a months supply of packs and am determined to pummel some blubber!

So its day one for me today. Things have been going fine so far, I had a coffee and a green tea first thing this am and then a mushroom soup at about 11am. prob gonna have a choc orange bar for lunch or half a bar and half a vanilla shake mixed with peppermint tea - this used to be a real treat for me when I did exante last time, its like a yummy mint aero hot choc!

I'm gonna have to work on upping me water intake though - I filled a 1litre bottle this am and am only half way through- I best get chugging....

Very best of luck, similar story to mine and I am now back at day 1 today :)

Wishing you all the best with it!
xxxx

Day 2 here we go....

There is a 60% off offer on the exante website on some of the bundles, so i decided to order in another 2 weeks worth. That gives me 6 weeks to get this thing done....bring it on!

Yesterday ended up being a working as aposed to a total solution day. Today I really want to get into total solution.

I've decided to set myself some mini goals and give myself some non foodie rewards when I get to these.
Goal number 1 - get to below 85kg. I want to have done this by the 22nd of September. My reward when I get there will be a bottle of nice perfume.(I don't usually splurge on the smelly so it will be a real treat!).
I'm also gonna have a system where I build up a 'treat fund' - for everyday of total solution I will put in 1pound, for everyday of working solution 50p and everytime I slip up I will take out 2 pounds.

Just had my lunch - a bowl of veg soup spiced up with some chilli powder. I had a vanilla shake latte for brekkie. I feel a little worried that I have finished 2/3s of my packs before 2pm! I will have to make sure I drink loads this afternoon.

I will also have to pop on my 'ping things' - I used to wear some colourful rubber bands and ping myself when temptation reared its ugly head - it used to help last time....

Still on track for 100% today but to bebhonest I am struggling. I am in a lot of pain this eve and one of the things that has really contributed to me putting back on so much weight is that when I am in pain I comfort eat as a coping mechanism :(

I have to keep on track!
I'm gonna try and get my little man to bed early and then have a hot bath and curl up in bed.

Come on cookie - you can do it!

I love your treat fund idea, I might have to steal this one.
Best of luck with your loss and hope you feel better :)

Go you! Well done on losing all that weight! I had spd in all my pregnancies too and really piled on this time. We have similar start weights and goals so let's keep each other motivated. You can get through it! As you already know, it gets much easier as time goes on, so just grit your teeth girl. You can do it!

Thank you SO much for all the encouragement, it really helps!!

I managed to keep on track and am now safely tucked under my quilt. I had a scortchingly hot bath and that helped ease the shoulder pain a bit (I have a mashed up ac joint).

Am going to see if I can find the old honk if you were a 100% thread - I hope its still active - honking used to be the highlight of my exante day ;)

xxxx

Mandaxx25, I am totally up for some joint motivation, its what carries you through on this diet!
xxx

Hope you feel better after a good nights sleep!! :) Good luck with your weight loss....I don't need to tell you how good this diet is as you already had amazing results!! x

Bring on day 3!

I'm a vanilla latte down (I must go easy on the vanilla shakes or I wont have any left) and am out and about with quite a busy day today. I have a choc orange bar, 2 litres of water, a coffee and a coke zero with me (just in case) - hopefully that should keep me going. Shoulder is still pretty painful but I am trying to ignore it at the min and trying to keep off the heavy duty painkillers as they are a no no on an empty tummy.

One thing that I get really paranoid about when I'm amongst people is my breath - I'm a mint or chewing gum addict at the best of times, let alone when I have dodgy keto breath! I have packed a little pot of cloves and green cardamon pods - hopefully they will help disguise things if needs be.

Hope everyone has a really good day and will be honking tonight!
xxxxx

Good afternoon Cookie. Well done for returning and nipping it in the bud before it gets out of hand. Wishing you well xx

Cheers gigglepants!

Quite frankly this weightloss has to be done and has to be done now! It is amazing how quickly and easily things can slide. I guess my main lesson is that I am going to have to find and put into place some coping mechanisms for when life gets tough - food can no longer be the answer!

Excersise is my other real problem - in my early 20s I was hugely active - I worked and coached at a gym and then I went from that to not being able to walk other than a few steps with crutches during my pregnancy and that was when the weight piled on. When I FINALLY lost the weight on exante first time round it relieved a lot of the pressure on my pelvis and I managed to get a lot more active - I was doing the 30 day shred 4 days a week and it felt AMAZING!! I am one of those freaks who actually really enjoys exercise. About 2 years ago loads of my joint suddenly went dooolally and I havent been able to do any real sustained excersise since (the point at which i began to pile back the weight). Iv'e been under a rheumatologist and physio but to no avail other than being told that most of me joints are hypermobile, being given heavy duty painkillers (that i dont like to take) and being given a few corticosteroid shots (again something i dont want to rely on).

Grr I don't know quite how I started on this moan-fest I guess Im just a tad aprehensive as to whether I'm going to be able to get where I want to be weight and more importantly health wise without the exersise. I'm just gonna have to ensure that I persist with the diet side of things and hope that I might eventually be able to slowely pick up on the exercise front.

Please feel free to ignore these ramblings - I think for me to get this thing done I need to vocalise some of these concerns etc. so that i can get them sorted in my own head, something that i have to do to be able to get to goal and hopefully maintain more successfully.

Dietwise - so far so good today.

I've just managed to cook a lasagne for the rest of the family without picking - its so easy to get caught into the 'but I really must just taste this for seasoning....oh I'm not sure.....really must just check that one more time...oops I just ate half the kitchen trap'.

I will prob have a soup as my final pack of the day while they eat.

I've tried to up my water today but prob only managed 1.5 litres so far.

Neway - hope everyone has a lovely temptation free eve,
Xxxxxxxxx

Yes, I think if you sort out the diet side and lose the weight then maybe the health side will improve. Maybe even to the extent that you will be able to exercise again?

At least losing the weight will take off pressure on your joints.

Have a fab evening xx

Cheers, you to!

xxxx

Here goes day 4....

This is just going to have to be a very quick post and I will catch up tonight. I have a mountain of work to get through - its a good thing as I won't have any time to think about food ;)

Anyway, just had a new strawberry shake - I think that flavour has actually improved - I didn't used to be a massive fan of the strawberry. I hope the same applies to the choc shakes (all I remember is a vague mouldy smell and virtually having to pinch my nose and swallow down....although mixing with a peppermint tea did help it down.

Hey ho - hope everyone has a great day,
Cookie xxx

Back