Extra Easy One Syn At A Time

Tuesday
Breakfast - skippped, just ate an orange and some frozen grapes.
coffee at 11ish with hexa milk
Lunch hexb toasted ham sandwich with 25g paprika crisps for 5 syns butter 1 syn
Dinner - sweet and sour chicken ( used fanta for the sauce made in slow cooker and froze portions) with egg fried rice and peas. (meanwhile the family had burgers and curry chips and onion rings and the house smelt amazing- love my local chippys onion rings- BUT I RESISTED!!)

syns for 2x benefit =6 and two syn for a rich tea fingers
8 syns

Wednesday -
Breakfast - Boiled eggs with apple slices and an easy peeler then 2 pints water before lunch
Lunch Hexb toastie, ham, butter, onion with 2 mini pears.
Dinner - Ginger Chicken stirfry - ginger, garlic, soy, chicken, broccoli, peppers, onions and noodles. - syn free

15 syns at 8pm = microwaved fibre one chocolate flavour 5 syns with 100g Raspberry ripple icecream for 8 syns ending the day on 13 syns and feeling full!

Let's just say the last four days have been a right off. I've been solo parenting and the weather has been Awful so it's literally been eating what ever was handiest and not aiming for speed.
Spent two hours today cleaning and sorting through my two freezers to find what has been hiding in them and have made a meal plan for Feb.

Not a good weigh in today I'm up 1/2lb but let's hope tomorrow is better on my official weigh in.

Today has been better.
Batch of spag bol and Ive some chilli beef in the slow cooker.

Attachments

• IMG_20210131_143417.jpg
    IMG_20210131_143417.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210129_182612.jpg
    IMG_20210129_182612.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210128_184919.jpg
    IMG_20210128_184919.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 21
Monday maintained at weigh in. Happy enough with that.

Breakfast - satsuma and coffee bad headache so took some panadol.

Lunch baked potato and some Bolognese I had prepped yesterday. Couldn't finish it all.

Snacks - banana, some random bits of baby puree that my youngest likes to share (it's all speed technically) shared a bag of crisps with two toddlers so say 3 syns to be safe.

Dinner - chunky beef chilli with black beans, peppers, onions, tomato with loads of lettuce and a wrap for hexb.

Due to current lockdowns I am counting the highest protein/fiber lowest carb wraps I can find as my hexb, as I have feck all options here. Usually k travel to Tesco buy ww ones and freeze them.

Ate 6 fish fingers the kids didn't eat, and I'm happy to say I am bang on 15 syns for the day.

Fish finger omega 3s only 2 syns a pop!

Breakfast

Black pudding sausage and fried onions
coffee

9.5 syns for one sausage - so worth it!!!

Breakfast

Black pudding sausage and fried onions
coffee

9.5 syns for one sausage - so worth it!!!
No lunch late breakfast so wasn't hungry.

Dinner was 2 butterfly chicken breasts, with Cajun seasoning, broccoli and fried onions

Attachments

• IMG_20210202_195159.jpg
    IMG_20210202_195159.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 14
I literally don't have a clie where the week went or how it has been so long since I posted.
Will do weigh in later today as I just can't even face my scales yet. Feeling very hormonal and defeated today. The post breastfeeding hormones and periods starting have me all over the place. My face is all broken out 😭

I literally don't have a clie where the week went or how it has been so long since I posted.
Will do weigh in later today as I just can't even face my scales yet. Feeling very hormonal and defeated today. The post breastfeeding hormones and periods starting have me all over the place. My face is all broken out 😭
Totally agree with you that days and weeks go by without us realising. Lets hope we resume a more normal life soon and make sense of our lives once again.

Do not pressurise yourself when your hormones are playing up. You need to allow your body to adjust itself gradually and remember how it was before baby and breastfeeding. Try to introduce this new lifestyle & eating plan gradually so your body does not think it is losing out and get used to it. As it gets used to it then you can introduce stricter plan - to me changing and adopt a new eating plan is like baby steps and we need to allow ourselves to get into grips we it and take small steps before start walking and then running.

Be gentle and kind with with yourself and it pays off in the long run.

Totally agree with you that days and weeks go by without us realising. Lets hope we resume a more normal life soon and make sense of our lives once again.

Do not pressurise yourself when your hormones are playing up. You need to allow your body to adjust itself gradually and remember how it was before baby and breastfeeding. Try to introduce this new lifestyle & eating plan gradually so your body does not think it is losing out and get used to it. As it gets used to it then you can introduce stricter plan - to me changing and adopt a new eating plan is like baby steps and we need to allow ourselves to get into grips we it and take small steps before start walking and then running.

Be gentle and kind with with yourself and it pays off in the long run.
Just what I needed to read. I live quite rurally and am finding it hard to access certain foods at the minute too so it really doesn't help.
So starting to focus on calorie counting along side SW as I can't find the hexbs or the right syn free meats
I

Do not pressurise yourself when your hormones are playing up. You need to allow your body to adjust itself gradually and remember how it was before baby and breastfeeding. Try to introduce this new lifestyle & eating plan gradually so your body does not think

Just what I needed to read. I live quite rurally and am finding it hard to access certain foods at the minute too so it really doesn't help.
So starting to focus on calorie counting along side SW as I can't find the hexbs or the right syn free
That's a great idea. I'm sure you can make it work

This is why I haven't been posting much. Honestly didn't even realise I posted that comment earlier as I wasn't finished writing but got disturbed by the kids 🙈

Yeah what I meant to be saying was things are just strange here and now today the government talking about restrictions until June is completely off-putting. I mean when will be have sort of normality back to our lives.
Went for a 6.2km walk today and came home frozen to some syn free leek and potato soup with some whole wheat rolls I baked in airfryer.

Ya I'm kinda done with listening to the news. I just can't listen anymore so I've taken a break from the news. I only tune in now if an announcement is being made otherwise its just anxiety and I have enough of that already.

Sounds like you got a nice break out of the house today.

Have I mentioned I love my new airfryer. Just made the Daly dish hash browns. Quick and easy and very handy breakfast that even kids enjoyed. I had a tin of baked beans and half a tin of kidney beans so I drained them and chopped them up small and heated them all together. Kids loved their magic beans on the side 😂😂 anything to make meal times easier.

Not much to report meal wise since Thursday, as I ended up having food from local chipper. Teething toddler and my period back again I just gave up and had a big carby meal last two nights. Still under calories for the day but only ate crap food and suffered for it today.

Today I had some toast for breakfast, beautiful sourdough but actually a hexb from Aldi pleastly suprised.
spag and meatballs for late lunch
Dinner- hot water bottle, giant bag of malteasers in bed with some coke zero and maybe a peppermint tea soon too

Not much to report meal wise since Thursday, as I ended up having food from local chipper. Teething toddler and my period back again I just gave up and had a big carby meal last two nights. Still under calories for the day but only ate crap food and suffered for it today.

Today I had some toast for breakfast, beautiful sourdough but actually a hexb from Aldi pleastly suprised.
spag and meatballs for late lunch
Dinner- hot water bottle, giant bag of malteasers in bed with some coke zero and maybe a peppermint tea soon too
Your food today, sounds good.

When I did calorie counting for a few weeks last year to see if I could shift the weight, I realised that I was eating rubbish to meet my calorie intake. Soon after i went back to my healthy eating and never thought about trying calorie counting again.

Morning @Bean An Tí ,just catching up on your diary now. It must be so hard with the 2 little ones trying to stay on track food wise. I mean with cooking for you and cooking for them. I know when mine were little I seemed to live on sandwiches.
It feels like we have been in lockdown forever and depending on where you live 5km can be very restrictive. Live in a rural area and you can have nothing within 5km. Live in a city and you have everything. I envy you being close to the sea, I'm originally from the coast and am now landlocked and really feel it. Landlocked in lockdown, it's tough. And yep, we could be stuck in it for a long time yet after the madness of some people over Xmas.

Most of my 5k is the Atlantic 😂😂 literally two strips of road I can walk and one is too narrow for the double buggy.

Actually doing pretty good food wise this week. Lots of on plan pancakes yesterday and today has been vegan curry for breakfast/lunch and I've haddock, spuds and broccoli for dinner.
Hormones are crazy again tho, and my period is back. So GP this week to see what options I have to see can I find a way to balance them

Good for you getting back on plan. Hormones can be the worst. They affect every part of us. Hope you feel better soon

Back