Bringing on labour...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by shelbell, 18 November 2009 Social URL.

1. shelbell

shelbell Trainee Human On Board

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    9st9lb(46.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    OK, so after the sweep on Friday the plan is to do everything possible to help bring on the labour. So hopefully a walk along the seafront afterwards, curry for dinner, hubby for dessert ;) and some birthing ball bouncing.

Any other suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alibambino

alibambino Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Does eating pineapple help or going over a bumpy road or raspberry leaf tea !!!!!!!!!

4. biggysmalls

biggysmalls Too big to fail

Start Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.3lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    confused! Ex SW, ex CC, now on FAST 5:2
    scrubbing floors apparently!

5. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    err there is something about hubby for desert.. but errr a certain 'proceedure' that you 'perform' is supposed to be the best 'desert' for inducing labour! lol

And pineapple from what I've heard you have to eat 8 of them!! so juicing would be a good idea! lol

Err.. don't forget to stay up till 2 or 3am - did the trick for me with Erin! lol I didn't realise it but the full on shopping trip and sitting up till 1am got me 'going'! lol

6. Need2lose2win

Need2lose2win Member

Wow shelbel what a transformation! How has being on gastric bypass worked for u in pregnancy? Ive seen on tv people who have the procedure done can never eat very much again, is this true?

The husband for dessert certainly done it for me on my second pregnancy, and the long warm bath soak after. But seeing that ur still 37 weeks it may not work, I was 37 weeks also but the midwife has said before that your body has to be ready. I dont know tho its worth giving a go!

All the best!

7. shelbell

shelbell Trainee Human On Board

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    9st9lb(46.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    Scrubbing floors :eek: I don't do housework! That's what I got married for!

Need2Lose I can certainly eat far less than your average person, but as i rarely feel hungry that's not a problem. It's been a far better pregnancy than my last one as being a normal weight has made me much healthier, so all in all it's been good. I fell pregnant at 8 months post op though, when you are supposed to wait 1-2 years, so maintaining my weight has been impossible, and I'm 8lb lighter now than I was when I fell.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.