Brown rice/pasta

Hi

Thinking of giving sf a go only thing that puts me off is the brown rice/wholemeal pasta - just wondering if anyone had tried the plan using white rice etc

Minniemoo2010 said:
Hi

Thinking of giving sf a go only thing that puts me off is the brown rice/wholemeal pasta - just wondering if anyone had tried the plan using white rice etc

If u use white pasta / rice u will have to point it! Have u tried the brown and Wholewheat ones? They really r nice, I can't taste a difference in the rice!

Minniemoo2010 said:
Is brown microwave rice points ?

I think u need to use raw rice not the uncle bens ones u just reheat! Uncle bens do a boil in the bag brown rice which is really easy to cook

How long do you cook your rice for? I had mine cooking for ages - like 30mins and it just wouldn't soften???

Mets said:
How long do you cook your rice for? I had mine cooking for ages - like 30mins and it just wouldn't soften???

Mine cooked in 10mins, that's what it said on the box and it seemed soft to me?

sarah88 said:
Mine cooked in 10mins, that's what it said on the box and it seemed soft to me?

My god! What am I doing wrong??

Mets said:
My god! What am I doing wrong??

Do u make sure the water is boiling when u put the bag in?

I didn't have it in a bag, it was just in a large bag loose and I put the amount in that I wanted. I might try it again

Mets said:
I didn't have it in a bag, it was just in a large bag loose and I put the amount in that I wanted. I might try it again

When it's just in the box, I measure the amount of water it says for the amount of rice I'm using then boil till water is gone!

I have no idea what I did wrong!!

Back