Bruising easily???

kezzyBee

Silver Member
Has anyone else started bruising easily since on cd... I never usually bruise I could probably fall off a building and I wouldn't bruise haha.. But now the slightest thing leaves a bruise and I have them everywhere. I was decorating my sons bedroom at the weekend and all I did is lean gently against one of the steps on the ladder whilst painting and now I have two massive bruises on both thighs :/ amongst all the other bruises I have at the moment lol. Please say I'm not the only one xx

Omg!!!! I was only sayin to my oh last night 'did he think i was brusing bcause of the diet' ??? How strange - i like u have never really bruised? And now my legs r covered? And i dont even know of anything i could have done to get them?!! Lol
Spoooooky! X

Oh thank god its not just me.. I have loads and can't recall doing anything to get them its like the slightest thing I do will cause a bruise...my thighs are covered in them. Very strange xx

I'm exactly the same ! It's mainly the fronts of my thighs, huge big bruises that are totally unexplained, quite scary really, what's going on inside our bodies I wonder x

Yep front of my thighs too, the odd one or two on my calves but most are on my thighs!!! how odd! xx

Me too!! Didn't think anything of it till now! X

I'm sorry but bruising easily is not common and shouldn't just be seen as one of those things. You should really be seeing your gps, to check everything is ok, rather than asking here or your CDC.

I did Cambridge diet for 4 weeks with no bruising. Bruising to excess like you say, with no real pressure. Can be signs of all sorts of problems.

Easily fixable ones like Anemia and deficiencies. To much more complicated ones such as liver and kidney problems. Not to mention very serious problems such as cancer.

I'm not scaring anyone, bit considering you are on a vlcd, deficiencies, or Anemia wouldn't be out of this world. Plus ketosis puts a strain your liver and kidneys.

I wouldn't leave your health to chance for a diet, go get it checked out. I know Cambridge is safe on the most part. But it's not always suitable, some find their bodies don't take to it. So ask your dr, they may run tests for you to check blood levels and kidney and liver function.

I'm only asking here to see if anybody else had similar problems to get an idea of whether it could be connected to the diet coz I can't just get a drs appointment straight away, so thought I'd get others opinions on it. I also want to ask my consultant tomorrow as I think its something she should know about and will be able to suggest if I should see a Dr etc. I'm sure its a deficiency of some kind due to being on a vlcd and I was planning on mentioning it to the nurse when I see her also just to be safe!

Yeah it could well be and probably is a deficiency of sort. Even though you should get these on these packs, it's possible. Everyone is different.

Plus like I say ketosis is quite harsh on your liver and kidneys. So it's another possibility it could highlight/cause problems here. Which is why you should really double check with a medical professional for their opinion as you don't want to mess with those organs :)

Maybe I'm cynical but if you end up with a CDC who is in for the sell or doesn't know a lot, or just wants their cash. They may not tell you to go to a dr, in case you get scared off by the dr. I really don't think CDC are medically qualified to tell you if it's a problem or not. I know I sound really stroppy. I'm not trying to be. :eek: It's just, easy brusing can be really serious, with those 2 organs. Which are most under pressure in ketosis. Deffo see a dr :)

Last edited:
I bruised easily first time I did the diet and same thing is happening this time around!

Hear it's pretty common on VLCDs

Back