• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Bruising

Hello all

This may be a coincedance but since i stared cd ss 8 weeks ago i seem to get big bruises on my body.

The ones on my shin i put down to normal everyday bumps but i have now had a big one on my stomach, hip, top of thigh and now one covering most of the top of my foot. They arent small bruises either they are really big ones . :eek:

I know i havent bumped these places and wondering is this the diet or just coincedance.

I never bruised easily before.

Has anyone else had this? :confused:

Thanks

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

KD

Gone fishing
This can happen :( Bruising can happen if there is a lack of vitamin K. There isn't a recommended daily amoung of Vit K and some seem to need more than others.

You can get a vit K supplement called synkavit which will help if it bothers you, or take a trip to the doctors if you're concerned.

Thank you KD.

Is it dangerous? Do i need the vit K or is it only if the bruising bothers me? It doesnt hurt or anything but just wondered.

lisalulu

Silver Member
I would hazard a guess that it is because you now have a thinner layer of fat between your skin and your blood vessels. Therefore it'll take less of a knock for the capillaries to burst- the leaked blood is what causes the discolouration of the skin.

But if it continues, get it checked with your doctor. Persistant bruising can be a sign of illness.

Hope this helps!

I bruise more easily on CD but it sounds like yours are appearing by themselves..I'd get it checked by a doc if I were you-or try the vitamin K :)

KD

Gone fishing
Thank you KD.

Is it dangerous? Do i need the vit K or is it only if the bruising bothers me? It doesnt hurt or anything but just wondered.
I don't think it's dangerous. Known a number of people who have had the same problem and they are still alive and kicking today :clap: You could ask a pharmacist or doctor if you are worried.

I would hazard a guess that it is because you now have a thinner layer of fat between your skin and your blood vessels. Therefore it'll take less of a knock for the capillaries to burst- the leaked blood is what causes the discolouration of the skin.
Good guess :clap: Wrong, mind you...but an excellent effort :D

It happens because the viscosity and volume of the blood changes

Thank you ladies i appreciate the advice.

I will get some vit k tomorrow and give it a go. I am quite fit and healthy so it cant be anything too bad lol

Thank again

YummyMummy i can't believe it! I'm just the same as you! I actually mentioned this to my mum whilst we were chatting last night. I just seem to come out in random bruises that i can't remember bashing at all! I never bruised easily before now but they keep appearing! I have a long windy shaped one on my calf muscle and a round one on the underside of my forearm at the moment...

Thanks for the advice KD, think i'll look into getting those vitamins, i did wonder if it was something i was lacking in. My skin's also been itchy from time to time. I caught myself the other day scratching the inside of my forearm and it was all bright red and marked. xx

lisalulu

Silver Member
Hahaha! Why thank you KD! "Body fat just under the skin acts as a type of shield over the capillaries helping to prevent bruising" This is the reason a consultant gave a family member of mine who suffered prolific bruising after losing quite alot of weight last year.

Come to think of it though, she was in her seventies and very ill :p

KD

Gone fishing
Hahaha! Why thank you KD! "Body fat just under the skin acts as a type of shield over the capillaries helping to prevent bruising" This is the reason a consultant gave a family member of mine who suffered prolific bruising after losing quite alot of weight last year.

Come to think of it though, she was in her seventies and very ill :p
Eeek.. I think YM04 is probably a bit younger, though I could be wrong :D

The viscosity blah blah thingy is supposed to be the reason why people on VLCDs get the bruising...one of the known side effects, though I guess the capillary blah blah thingy could happen too. Especially if you've lost lots of weight, in your 70s and very ill ;)

lisalulu

Silver Member
I meant no offense YummyMummy- I don't think you look like a very ill pensioner! Its just been a long day. Listen to KD, she is a wise wise woman :D

Now incredibly glad that I didn't mention that the lady in question died a week later..... whoops :eek:

LMAO! Now i am worried :eek:

I am 32 but sometimes feel 70. :eek: lol

No offence taken i thought it was funny and appreciate the advice and help everyone gives.

I am off to chemist tomorrow to find some Vit K and see if that helps. Not that it bothers me just intrigued as to what the bruising was :)

KD

Gone fishing
I meant no offense YummyMummy- I don't think you look like a very ill pensioner! Its just been a long day. Listen to KD, she is a wise wise woman :D
:D

Now incredibly glad that I didn't mention that the lady in question died a week later..... whoops :eek:
Was going to ask how she was now.

Must admit to nearly spilling my coffee when I read that :giggle:

Yummymummy, are yours like bruises yet not bruises?? Just asking as mine are huge and colour up all different colours like bruises yet they don't hurt at all. That's why i don't notice them till i'm looking at myself, eg, putting on body lotion etc and then when i see them i'm like 'flippin eck, where's that come from?!'. Think i'll give the vit K a try too as although they don't hurt i look like i've been through the wars somewhat at the moment and i don't think being pale and pasty just after winter helps matters does it!! xx

eyeontheprize

can see the end in sight!
I got large bruises when i was ss'ing, but just put it down to being clumsy and not remembering bumping into things! this makes sense though, thanks KD.

Hi Claire

Yes i wouldnt of know they were there except like you i find them when i am rubbing in body serum. The one on my foot is massive and my little girl noticed that one!

They start blue then go brown but do not hurt even if i press on them.

I am def going to try the Vit k and if it doesnt improve then go to docs if i have to. lol

lisalulu

Silver Member
Ok, time for me to actually give some serious advice now instead of being silly. Please do see a doctor if the bruising persists for any length of time or the vitamin K doesn't help- though I'm sure it will.

It is very unlikely, but excessive bruising can a sign of some serious illnesses, including luekemia.

Yours definately sound the same as mine then Yummymummy!! I'm doing SS+ too so more than just 3 a day.. wierd hey! Not sure if the occasional itchy skin thing i've been having is connected to the bruising.

Let me know how you get on with the vit K then and i'll get some too and keep you posted with the results... off to boots for me tomorrow xx

Wow glad this was posted I was the same but never quite knew why. I would sit in the bath and find brusies on my legs and arms that did not hurt and couldn't remember banging into anything! Im happy to report now I have moved to the 1000 plan they have dissapeared :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lipotrim Forum 7
Cambridge Weight Plan 10
Exante - Total Solution 100% 5
Exante 16
Cambridge Weight Plan 6