Buddies for whole-food, plant-based diet?

LinLin

Anyone else following the whole-food, plant-based diet? I feel absolutely fabulous after 2 months on it. I stick to it about 98% of the time... no dairy, no meat, no fish, and whole foods rather than 'food fragments' you get in processed foods.

The book The China Study got me started on it, and I haven't felt this good in over 10 years!

Would love to connect with anyone else who is following this diet. Might that be you?

Lots of things! Potatoes, beans, tofu, rice, carrots, spinach, kale, sweet potato, avocado, mushrooms, lots of fruit, lots of other veg... There is plenty to choice from. I've recently started to learn about foraging as well, as the other day made elderberry cordial. Packed full of vitamin C and very, very satisfying.

Breakfast is fruit only, usually 3-4 different kinds. If I need a mid-morning snack, a dried fig is fantastic. Oatmeal is another option I used to have a lot, with apple and cinnamon and sometimes a touch of (real) maple syrup.

Lunch is something like veggies and spinach or kale (or tofu cutlets with tomato and greens, or avocado with tomato, or hummus and tomato and greens) on rice cakes, or a baked potato/potato chunks with beans or some other topping.

An afternoon snack might be carrot sticks with hummus and lots of garlic, or red pepper and the same.

Dinner is often rice and veg, often including onions, mushroom, eggplant/aubergine, garlic, tempeh or tofu, carrot, cauliflower. Side of cooked spinach (sag aloo is a favorite!).

Chilis spice things up a lot. Hummus is fantastic with baked veggies. And once in a while I'll have some Quorn nuggets or a vegetarian sausage.

Last edited:
Back