Budget friendly syn free soup :)

Jedibride

Have made myself a rather yummy soup this afternoon - and all at the cost of £2.00 for around 4litres of soup (yum yum)

I bought one of the stock packs from Tesco for £1 (with onions, parsnips, carrots, swede) and a butternut squash.

Cut all into large chunks and boil in 3litres (in my case) of chicken stock

Once all boiled and soft simply puree with a handheld blender. Season to taste. I added creme fraiche for which I used my syns, but its still very low syn soup and PERFECT for cold winter evenings :)

Have made myself a rather yummy soup this afternoon - and all at the cost of £2.00 for around 4litres of soup (yum yum)

I bought one of the stock packs from Tesco for £1 (with onions, parsnips, carrots, swede) and a butternut squash.

Cut all into large chunks and boil in 3litres (in my case) of chicken stock

Once all boiled and soft simply puree with a handheld blender. Season to taste. I added creme fraiche for which I used my syns, but its still very low syn soup and PERFECT for cold winter evenings :)

Mmmm sounds lovely. Do you just throw a stock cube into the 3 litres when it's boiling..... Sorry I have never used stock before!

B

I actually got the new 'squeeze' stock and just squirted a good dollop in. I am very 'vague' when it comes to making stock :p I think its one cube per pint (or something) just check the box :) But yes, I would normally just throw in the stock cubes with the vegetables and then stir until dissolved :)

I like the sound of this one, I love making soups for my lunches at work, filling and mostly super free foods !

Back