Budget so green week

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Jamesmummy1, 14 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Jamesmummy1

Jamesmummy1 Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Well we are well and truly skint this week with hubby not getting paid so having to try stick to plan with what I have in the freezer and cupboards, mainly green foods.
    So think a green week is in order but I'm scared about eating so many carbs!! Aggghhh

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    You will be fine. Many people (me included) do green days every day and still lose. Enjoy! :)

4. wenchie

wenchie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(33.98%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey there - I do a mix of different days and haven't seen any real difference Green to EE, but if you're worried about carbs, could you get some cheap frozen veggies (green beans, baby corn, peppers, etc, etc) and load your meals with those? So you're still effectively doing the ee 1/3 rule?

That and soups are really cheap to make - if you search for the super speedy, super spicy tomato soup it's lush and SO easy (and I missed out the vinegar this time and banged in some cabbage and it was still yummy), filling and cheap.

It probably is possible to carb-load on green, but if you look at beans and lentils and lean veggie proteins like that (which is a healthy way to eat) and veggies then you'll be too full to do that :)

5. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I do green 100% as a veggie, and have a fair amount of carbs, and lost 2lb a week every week. Carbs aren't this bad thing they seem to have the reputation of being. I have a lot of carbs every day

Have a look at my recipe thread for ideas *honeys recipes a sticky in recipe forum

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.