Buffet ideas

gem1981

Hi Ladies,

I am having a birthday party for my daughter on Thursday and just sat down to write my shopping list and find myself thinking 'cheese and pineapple', 'sausage rolls' etc.

Does anyone have some tips or buffet ideas please??

Cucumber slices with tuna on, cheese & pineapple, couscous with fruit, rice salad, sausages, that's all I can think of right now, but this has been asked before, if you do a search you'll find lots of ideas:D

Chicken pieces wrapped in bacon on cocktail sticks, salad potatoes sprinkled with curry powder, sliced chicken tikka (cook chicken breasts in yoghurt and tikka spices, then slice), golden savoury rice, salmon parcels stuffed with Philly, wotsits and quavers instead of normal crisps, cruditees and low fat houmous, pickled onions and ham on cocktail sticks, quark mixed with tomato puree over prawns....... Man, I'm salivating now!!!!

Separate heads of chicory (I like the red one) into spears and fill with Light Philadelphia or cottage cheese.

Or use the same sort of filling in sticks of celery and then cut into bite-size pieces.

gem1981 said:
Hi Ladies,

I am having a birthday party for my daughter on Thursday and just sat down to write my shopping list and find myself thinking 'cheese and pineapple', 'sausage rolls' etc.

Does anyone have some tips or buffet ideas please??

There is a massive buffet food thread from Christmas time-I think it was Ermintrude who created it-that's be worth looking at :)

Tandoori chicken... Tandoori mushrooms are lovely too.. Stuffed baby gem leaves with extra lean mince and some like bolognaise style sauce... Home made chicken and veg kebabs.. Ooh I could go on and on.... Make some low syn curry in a slow cooker or something...

Back