Bulk out your cereal for minimum Syns :)

If like me you like a nice hearty bowl of cereal in the morning I have a nifty trick :) today I had 35g of blueberry wheats from sainsburys as theyre a healthy option B. But I also had 12.5g of ASDAs puffed wheats which according to the back of my orange book are 4.5 syns for 25g. 12.5g gave me about a third of a deep bowl full. I also chopped up a banana and some strawberries the whole thing was DELICIOUS! I think it would of been rather bland without the blueberry wheats as the strawberries were tart rather than sweet. I definitely recommend people using puffed wheat to bulk out cereal. For those who don't know theyre basically sugarless sugar puffs lol. I cant see though there being any harm in using a couple of syns to add maple syrup or honey to them to give them a more sugar puffy taste.

They do go soft though in milk really quickly lol

Remember though the point of the 1/3 superfree is to bulk it out and fill you up, plus you don't need to spend syns if you do it with superfree. X

I've been having weetabix you get a pretty decent portion as a healthy extra.I bulk it up with bananas and strawberries usually.or what ever fruit I have spare.yes strawberries are quite tarte.so add powdered candrel .so no syns :) I keep my syns for some chocolate with a cuppa when kids are in bed lol

I dont mind using a few syns on my breakfast because I seem to be doing ok without anything really high in syn value through out the day. I may try weetabix though does anyone know how you can use maple syrup ones as a healthy extra b and syn the syrup part of them or does it not work like that? I do like plain weetabix though. Im not having the blueberry wheats again. As much as I love them because of my sensitivity to wheat they really play up on me :( this morning im having a bacon sandwich with my bread as my healthy option b and still 12.5g of puffed wheat and fruit :D I think ill use a spoonful of maple syrup since I wont get the sweetness from the blueberries today

Back