Bumblebums Xenical Diary.........From Frumpy 30's to Fab 40's!

Bumblebum

Morning all

Been on minimins a while and experimented with most diets :rolleyes:, mostly half-heartedly. Then last week I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. At 39 that really scares me! My doctor is lovely though and recommended Xenical along with blood pressure medication.

I honestly feel this is my last opportunity to get the weight under control for good. I do NOT want to be fat and 40 :( with health issues!

So...started yesterday. Weighed in at 18'2 :eek:. Have three weeks till I see the doctor again and fully intend to have lost weight by then.

Yesterday I went way under on the fat...probably paranoid about going over. So today I'm going to try and even it out a bit.

Food today:
Breakfast: Beans on wholemeal toast (no butter)
Lunch: Cold chinese marinaded chicken with rice and veg.
Dinner: Baked potato, big pile of salad, grilled chicken.
Snacks....Small pot of pineapple, apple, banana
Drinks: Low Cal blackcurrant, water, coffees (with skimmed milk)

Might have a wander round a supermarket later and have a mooch at some labels to give me some good ideas for meals and snacks.

Bumblebum
x

Welcome along. The blood pressure will really help motivate you. You can measure it, and see an improvement fairly quickly. Do make sure you take your 'before' photos now. They will be a great motivator down the line. It will be a tough few weeks, but you will start to notice improvements by the time you go back to dr, if you just give it a good try for the next feels weeks. Everyone here is really supportive, make sure you come back regularly and let us all know how you are progressing. Best of luck on your journey x

Hi & welcome. I started off heavier than you & honestly never thought i'd do it but with the support of the lovely ladies on here I did it & am sure you can too x

Morning all, and thank-you for the encouragement :)

Must admit I scoured the forums on here before popping my first little blue pill:D The leaflet they give you with the pills doesn't explain much so the threads here were a lifesaver!

Well, day 2 done with. Changed dinner to a chicken stir-fry which was lovely and low fat, even using a shop bought sauce.

Day 3....going to try and change something today. I work 9-1 and usually take my lunch with me and eat it by 11.30:eek: so today I'm taking fruit with me to snack on and will then have lunch when I get in at 1. That way I won't be absolutely ravenous by teatime. That's the theory anyway.......I'll probably be gnawing my arm off by lunchtime:D

So todays menu will go something like this......

B: 40g Fruit n fibre with 100ml skimmed milk. Coffee.
L: Soup with wholemeal bread
D: Another stirfry (using up bag of veg I bought yesterday) with noodles
Snacks: Apple, Banana, Yoyo.
Drinks: Few coffees, water.

Prob not enough cals so will see what other things I can bulk it out with.

Good thing is I'm still feeling positive. Usually by day 3 of a diet I'm feeling depressed and fed up. Not this time though.:)

Have good days all

Bumblebum
x

Day 4.....and I'm really resisting the urge to leap on the scales!:D

Will have a weekly weigh in, I think. Was going to wait till next doctors appt but I know I'll never be able to stay away from the scales that long!

Yesterday morning was difficult in the end. So am taking lunch to work with me today but won't allow myself to have it till 12:D

Typically, I've been invited to a birthday tea on Friday. They invariably have a table full of cakes :eek: so I've cried off on this occasion. I think I need to get a week or two over with before I put myself in situations where everything available is high fat. My friend understands, which is good.

Anyway...todays food.....

Breakfast: Coffee. (I know I know, Breakfast important but I do struggle to eat first thing....shame I'm not like that the rest of the day too!)

Lunch: Cold chicken with veg and rice

Dinner: Jacket potato, salad, low fat cottage cheese, grilled chicken

Snacks, fruit, fruit , fruit
Drinks: Few coffees, water

Must find something to eat other than chicken....I'll be clucking at this rate......

Bumblebum
x

As long as you buy lean, cut off the visible fat and remove skin.. beef steak, extra lean beef mince, turkey steak, lean pork medallions, lamb is ok for some people - I was ok with roast leg of lamb (I bought the NZ lamb as its grass fed and is leaner than British/ welsh lamb because they are kept outdoors all year round (also I'm a closet kiwi) ) - with bisto gravy .. Wild salmon fillets have a lower fat content

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Thanks for that. I guess I'm a bit worried about trying other meats. Will definately get some turkey this week and maybe some pork. Big shop week is next week so am going to do a bit of research before then and then stock up on things I can have. :)

Hi it is all looking good to me so far, I was ok with pork too as long as I trimmed all visible fat off, there are also some sausages I am sure it is the Tesco Light Choices ones that are ok (sorry its been a while since i was on the tabs) oh & for naughties crispy pancakes & frylight chips was my treat item lol x

WW sausages and many items in their range are ok too :). Tesco light choices ready meals are nice

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Am going to pop to sainsbugs after work and get some ww stuff. Hubby would live on sausages if i let him so may get some of the ww ones and see if he likes them. :)

Todays food will prob go something like this.......

B: Coffee
L: low fat pre pack sandwich
D: Chicken casserole (made by my lovely mum)
Snacks: ryvita and cottage cheese, fruit
Drinks: 2 litres of water. Few coffees. Glass or two of wine during masterchef tonight! :-D

Bumblebum
x

Sainsburys also do be good to yourself quarter pounders that are fab. I used to have them with fry light wedges & salad as a Saturday night treat although I make my own burgers now with el mince

Thanks Lexie. Just been to Sainsbugs and got a few WW meals and some of those quarter pounders. Think it will be burger night Friday :)

I'm a meateater, but used to opt for some of the veggie alternatives as they were high in protein (make you feel fuller longer) and low in fat (have to be careful as not all of them are low in fat). I used to have linda mccartney rosemary and red onion suasages most weeks. They had alot of flavour and hubby would eat them too. It's hit and miss with the veggie alternatives as to whether they taste ok, but you can use them as a substitute for meat eg.spag bol.

Friday Friday!!!!!:bliss:

And its weigh day!!! And..........9 pounds lost!!!!:eek: I am so chuffed with that, you wouldn't believe it. I've dieted enough in the past to know I always have a good first week, but never THIS good before! I know it will now settle to a more normal loss but am really pleased to have such a fab loss in the first week.:)

Purplemum......I used to be veggie many years ago (till my Hubby lured me to the dark side with a battered sausage from the chip shop!!:D) so I do quite like a lot of the veggie alternatives. May have to try a few again. Somebody else mentioned the red onion sausages, saying they were lovely. Will be adding them to my shopping list!

Todays food.........

B: Coffee
L: Moroccan chicken and couscous salad
D: Not sure yet....either pasta in tomato sauce with chicken, or a WW meal. depends on how lazy I feel later.
Snacks: Soreen, banana, apple, Special K bar
Drinks: Lots of water, few coffees.

Have good fridays everyone!

Bumblebum
x

Thanks guys...am really chuffed.. Feeling so positive about all this, its great :)

Well, the long bank holiday weekend is here....yay! Have my parents coming round tonight for dinner and games with our little boy. We would usually have a takeaway but my lovely mum said we can all have something healthy instead. She's being really supportive as she knows how I've struggled with my weight.

So todays menu is.....

Breakfast: Coffee
Lunch: Soup and wholemeal bread
Dinner: Jacket potato with cottage cheese, salad, roast chicken etc
Snacks: Soreen, fruit
Drinks: Few coffees, lots of weak squash

Bumblebum
x

Back