Business suit

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by serendipity1980, 16 July 2008 Social URL.

1. serendipity1980

serendipity1980 Full Member

Guys

I need to buy a good business suit to wear to interviews. All along my only option was Evans (only plus size place in Cork, Ireland) but now that Im a size 16 I can prob buy something a lot nicer. I have a substantial budget, but I dont want to go OTT as it might not fit for long.

I am on refeed at the moment and plan to lose the rest of my weight through hard work!

Any advice from anyone?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hanloje

hanloje Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Varies!
    Next do nice suits! you can shop online there. Or how about Wallis they're nice too. Congrats on your weight loss I'm still in size 20's but can't wait for 16!!!! you'll look fab!

4. nictastic

nictastic Says it as it is!!!

Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Diet:
    LT / CD
    Look on Ebay hun, you can pick up some cheap, fab bargains! and then resell em as siin as you finish with them !

5. serendipity1980

Good idea Nic! Ive always been a bit reluctant to use Ebay, I dont know why!

6. serendipity1980

Thanks hanloje, I think I will be trawling the net for a while looking! its amazing how addicted to clothes Ive become since losing weight. I had to replace food with something, I suppose! Just wish this addiction wasnt as expensive... lol!!!

7. nictastic

Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Diet:
    LT / CD
    I live on ebay lol lots of bargains to be had...and loads of lovely new & used suits on there for a fraction of the price!

8. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante

Better spent on clothes than crack :cool:

(don't mind me lol)

9. nictastic

Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Diet:
    LT / CD
    LMFAO..... I JUST NEARLY CHOKED ON MY WATER AND WEE'D AT THE SAME TIME!!!!:D:eek::D:D:D:D:D

10. 2hourglass

2hourglass Silver Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim

What about Pri-mani ?? TK Max - good luck with your search:D

11. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Hi there

Having just spent the last THREE days shopping for an interview suit I will give you my low down!!!! Do you want a skirt suit or trouser suit? Trouser suits easier to find at the moment - but I wanted a formal skirt suit in a grey or pinstripe and there really isn't much about unfortunately

I needed to get something decent but like you didn't really want to spend a fortune as I still have a stone to lose. There are some sales on at the moment but mainly on the summery stuff.

High quality: £200+
    Austin Reed
    Jigsaw
    Hobbs

Medium : £150+
    Marks and Spencer
    Wallis
    Principles
    Warehouse
    French Connection

Cheaper: £100+
    Next
    M&S
    Autonomy - only do suits and "occasionwear" just got a jacket, skirt and trousers for £82!!!! Bargain - don't know whether they are over in Ireland though.

For work generally, I normally buy Next suits - do you have any Next Clearance stores? I picked up a couple of suits there for about £80 each. Next are smart enough to last for a season or two before they wear out but at the prices it doesn't matter.

Do you have an outlet mall anywhere near - that's where I ended up buying mine yesterday.

Good luck

Carol x

12. serendipity1980

Wow Carol thanks for all the fab info! I think I will go for a trouser suit cos Im short and I dont think skirts suit me at all. We have next here, and wallis but not sure about the others. Do any of those suit designers go up to a generous 16? I hope so!

13. thefutureisbright

thefutureisbright Banned

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    HEY,

I buy most of my business suits in NEXT also - its great - lots to choose from - many places u go just have a few but next has like a whole section devoted to them... great prices and u can get nice blouses etc for like £20 - deffo the place to shop - dont think u would want to be spending anymore on a suit that is going to be small for you before you start the actual job! lol

GOOD LUCK
    XOXOXOXO

14. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    All of the shops I mentioned above go up to a 16! I agree with thefutureisbright - buy something cheap and cheerful now and then go treat yourself when you get to goal!!

I spent a bit more money on some new accessories instead - new leather briefcase, some lovely new shoes that for now I'm only going to wear for interviews to keep them smart and a new watch. All add up to making a really good first impression and I can use them whatever weight I am!! (Any excuse to spend more money)

Good luck with the job hunting!

Carol x

15. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Well done on reaching size 16. My waist is still a 20 but I'm really looking forward to it being more the size of the rest of me!

EBay is well worth a look as are your local charity shops - I picked up a brand new skirt in one a few weeks ago - it looks great on!

Good luck with your search - and have fun!

x

16. Sam25

Sam25 Silver Member

Diet:
    Harcombe Diet
    I'm a Hobbs girl myself. You can buy on line at
    Hobbs

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.